Saturday, February 5, 2011

I Can't Draw... And Other Randomness

I think that Weston has learned that Daddy can draw things that look like what they are. The problem is that he seems to think that, naturally, Mommy must be able to, too. Unfortunately, this is not the case. I CANNOT DRAW.

Case in point: one day, Weston and I were looking at a picture book of deserts. Then, we started drawing, and he drew a squiggly line that he said was the desert. Then he asked me to draw a picture of the Cave of Wonders (from Aladdin) next to his desert. For your information, this is what the Cave of Wonders looks like:
So, I made my absolute, 100% best effort to reproduce the Cave of Wonders next to his desert drawing:
Yeah. I'M NOT EVEN KIDDING. I showed it to Tim later, and he said that it looked more like a cat-luchador (thanks, hon). Being the loving, supportive fellow that he is, he even fleshed it out for me a little better:
**********
In other news, Tulsa got LOTS of snow this week:
Fortunately, a tasty, tasty surprise from Grandma helped dispel the cabin fever (thanks to daMawma!!!):
**********
Here's that 25-week belly (we're gettin' good and fat over here!):
**********
And finally... this is how we found Weston, asleep, one night around midnight:
(We had to shove him inch by inch towards the wall as we attempted to open the door. Finally I managed to squeeze into his room to take a picture!)

11 comments:

Liz Johnson said...

HAHAHAHAHA your desert cave is my most favorite thing EVER. That is so awesome. You and I should start up an art studio for... people who like hilarious renditions of other things. Ha.

You are freaking cute. Not big at all. Just enough to look pregnant, but not "holy crap woman when are you due" pregnant. :)

Bridget said...

This post totally made me laugh. I LOVE that Tim fleshed out your drawing! So funny. Btw, I can't draw either. Paige is constantly disappointed. I CAN draw princesses, but they still look exactly the same as they did when I learned how to draw them in the 3rd grade. My Japanese friends taught me. Hence they look a little like anime. Funny.

Also, you look great! And Weston is looking so old!

Abbie said...

hahahaha!! i love the cat-luchador! you two make great work together.

the snow! i not so convinced about global warming anymore...:)

and you're so cute! i wish i could rub that cute belly.

Tiff said...

HAAAAAAAAAAAAA-hahahhhahahahhahahahahahahahahaha!

*sigh*

I miss you guys.

Come back to CA.

James Cramer said...

Okay so here is what I learned from your wonderful new update: 1) Weston is a deep sleeper, 2) You two will have a lot of digging to do to get your car out, 3) You three will have a big bill the next time you go to the dentist (I'll make sure to thank mom for the numerious cavities you will acquire, LOL.), 4) Jean will always require extra help when drawing a squirrel.

Abby said...

Jean, you are awesome! I'm so glad SOMEONE else draws like I do....and is the same age! :D I love your Cave of Wonders because it looks about like mine would.

And I love the preggie pic. You look beautiful!

daMawma said...

**You're welcome** But save some of those Tastykakes for Super Bowl Sunday. It's the only holiday that requires junk food (and lots of it). It's tradition!

Dana Carlin said...

I laughed sooo much at the cave of wonders luchador!! Every time I look at it I laugh. It will never not be funny. I think you guys should team up weekly for similar posts. Weston picks the subject, Jean draws it, and Tim fleshes it out. Deal?
PS- You look so good, Jean!! I can't wait to meet that little guy <3

Lisa said...

Man, I am absolutely awful as well. My niece always has me draw things and they are pitiful. My sister got all of the drawing skills.

And I love that last picture of Weston!!! So funny :)

Headle said...

Ha ha ha!!! I love it! You two are sooo awesome! Weston and baby #2 will constantly pinch themselves and wonder how they got so lucky to have such cool parents!

You look SO PRETTY! Jean!! Gorgeous girl!

Emily said...

oh jean you are so nice, I have just had a not fun day of feeling not so cute and pregnant. Thanks for your comment! I don't know if I commented but Jared and I sure loved that ninja video of Weston!