Friday, September 23, 2011

Mini-Blogs Galore!

Once again, it has been brought to my attention that this blog is suffering from atrophy.  (Is it just me, or did everything get really busy and crazy all of a sudden?!)

So!  Here is a fabulous collection of mini-blogs.  On with the photographic merriment!

**********
East Millcreek Township Knows How to Throw a Party
**********

I read about an upcoming 1950's themed "community event" (cue Tim's cringing) in the township newsletter one day, and guess what... it turned out to be awesome!!  (And it was FREE!)

We checked out a real-life DeLorean (flux capacitor... fluxing...):

We dined on delicious hot dogs, burger, and fixin's:

We danced like idiots to the '50s music:

We took pictures of a car "for Grandalf," Tim said:

Some of us played:

While some of us just chilled:

**********
Star Wars, Library Style
**********

The Kearns Library had a Star Wars themed activity on the same weekend as that 1950s community dinner, so I have to say... I nailed it!!  Two awesome free events in one weekend!

We got to shoot the Death Star (nerf guns, yeah!):

...and decorate sugar cookies:

...and check out the selection of Star Wars library books:

...and go bowling for Darth Vader:

... and take our picture with a slew of Star Wars guys (including a very rare "tie pilot," in the black towards the left, which made Tim pee his pants a little):

All in all, Cole was highly pleased with his first Star Wars event.

**********
Weston's First Day of SCHOOL!
**********

What can I say... H-A-M spells Weston!



(And speaking of H-A-M, here are a few shots of Weston dancing in his teeny tiny Thomas PJs at home):

Hahahahahaha.....

**********
Mr. Chubster Indeed
**********

Our little four-month-old Chubbs:
Length: 27 inches (98%)
Weight: 18 lbs 4 oz (96%)

This is one seriously happy, pleasant, easy-going baby:

...with some serious thunder thighs:

**********
Our Sunflower
**********

Well, as luck would have it...

We have a single surviving SUNFLOWER!

Okay, she may be missing half her petals:

...and she may need some help standing up:

...and her leaves may be a bit mangled:

...but she's a SURVIVOR!!!

**********
Other Excitement in Brief
**********

Well, for one thing, I taught the Activity Days girls how to make cake pops:
(Turns out that any activity involving sugars and sprinkles and eight-year-old girls will, surprisingly, be a bit MESSY.)

I went to the Salt Lake JBF sale.  We went to Tim's Cub Scout activity.  I took Weston to Discovery Gateway.  Tim picked up dinner at Chick-Fil-A.  We went to a library storytime.  I babysat for my neighbors.  We went to Costco.  I worked.  We napped.  I made hotel reservations for our upcoming California trip.  I went visiting-teaching.  I cooked a big meatloaf dinner for us and our friends.  We went to the playground.  I attended Book Club.  I went to a staff meeting.  We got an oil change.  I cleaned the bathrooms.  We bought new clothes at Kohl's.  We did about 8,000 other things.  (And THAT'S why I can't seem to get to blogging, hahahaha!  How do YOU do it??)

The End. :-)

8 comments:

daMawma said...

I loved the sunflower description. That could be a metaphor for my life. I'm a survivor, hahaha.
And hooray, photos of all the clan this time.

Lalee Photography said...

I just wanted to say that I posted this whole comment, and then blogger tried to force me to make a blog and erased it. What the heck Blogger??

Anyway, I will try to recreate my comment. As I was saying, the sunflower made me lol! Go sunflower go!! And Weston is so stinkin' cute in those Thomas PJ's! Oh and I wanted to know if you kept it together on Weston's first day of school b/c I cried on the first day of school here and Finley didn't even have to go anywhere. Aaaand that little Cole is so so so cute I just want to squish him!!! :) YAY bloggin'!!

Liz Johnson said...

I love mini blogs. They are so much better than no blogs! I should remind myself of this.

Your children are adorable. Seriously.

James Cramer said...

Hey Tim and Jean,

I was cracking up as soon as I saw baby Cole with a Darth Vader tee shirt. You all are true Star Wars fans!

Kendra said...

Love the mini blogs. And um, yeah...I don't do it...which is why I am now almost 2 months behind. Weston is hilarious. Love the hammy pictures. Also love the flower in your yard. She is definitely a survivor! :)

BP said...

Jean,

Serious question. How is Tim addressing Star Wars 1-3 with your impressionable children? Is he acting as if they never happened? Or using them as a terrifying cautionary tale?

Love,
Concerned Ben

Tim Anderson said...

Ben, to answer your question:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCjMGOvMghY

Brooke said...

cute kids