Monday, September 13, 2010

Weston Funnies

**********

We have a rule in our house that we only throw balls (in an attempt to keep Weston from throwing toys all the time). One day, he came out of his room holding his inflatable orca whale, and he said, "We only throw... SHARKS!" And then he threw the orca at Tim. (Not only is the orca NOT a ball, but it is NOT a shark, either.)

**********

Weston yelled, "NO! BAD GOOSE!" at Tim one evening. (That's what we tell him to say if the geese come too close while we're feeding them breadcrumbs at the park. I guess it also works on dads, FYI.)

**********

"Ba-yimp"
(Weston's word for "blimp." He can't say the letter "L," so it sounds like a "Y." Plus, because blimps float in the air like balloons, it has to start with a "ba" sound, just like "balloon." His rules, not mine.)

**********
**********

Our friend Kelli babysat Weston one evening when I had a church meeting. When Tim got home, Weston ran out to greet him, pointed to his room (where Kelli was), and said, "I have a lady."

**********

When we told Weston that Santa brings presents at Christmastime, he asked, "A new spatula...?"

**********

Weston invented a new song. It involves him singing "Guns! Guns! Guns!!" over and over again, very loudly.

**********
**********

When Tim presented Weston with a couple new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle toys (Leonardo and Raphael), Weston replied, "NO WAY!!!"

**********

One time Weston and Tim were running around and playing while Leo (the ninja turtle) was lying on the couch, face down. At one point, Weston started calling for Leo ("Yee-oh! Yee-oh! Are you okay?!"), and then saw him on the couch and said, "He's dead."

**********

One time Tim was joking with Weston that Tim was going to sit in my chair at the table. Weston said, "That's Mommy's chair!"

So, Tim pointed to the empty fourth chair and said, "Well, whose is that chair?"

Weston said, "The ninja turtles'."

**********
**********

Last Sunday I said, "Weston, today is Fast Sunday!"
He replied, "No, it's slow Sunday, Mommy."

**********

"Watch can I can!!!" (Translation: "watch what I can do." We're working on it.)

**********

When Weston was little, we used to tell him that "Daddy, Mommy, and Weston are a family!" As he got older, we'd feed him the line and let him finish it: "Hey Weston: Daddy, Mommy, and Weston are a...?" "FAMILY!"

The other day, I did that as usual: "Daddy, Mommy, and Weston are a...?"

"Waffle!"

**********
**********

Sometimes Weston likes to sing along with songs in the car, and other times it enrages him when Tim and I sing. On Sunday, it was enraging him. He said, "No! I don't like that!!!"

I replied, "Weston, singing makes Mommy happy."

He yelled, "No happy!! JUST SAD!!"

**********

The other day, Weston started running circles around the living room. He said, "I'm running...!"

Tim replied, "Oh, good!"

Weston added, "...like Daddy! Now I'm stinky."

11 comments:

daMawma said...

Like Weston's erasers, YOU used to put Bugles snacks on your fingertips and call them "witch's fingers."
I'm liking how expressive he is with words that denote feelings.

chartie said...

haha - who doesn't want a spatula for Christmas? :-)

That kid sounds pretty darn awesome.

Kendra said...

Ha ha. He's adorable. I can't wait until Owen starts saying cute/silly things like that! :)

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, so awesome! My favorite is, "I have a lady." Hahahaha!!!

Abby said...

Love, love, love it. Oh I miss that kid. (And you guys!!) My favorites were of course that he wants a NEW SPATULA for Christmas (so awesome), he has a "lady" (Bwahahahaa! I could just SEE Tim smiling in response to that one), and his running like daddy and being stinky too. :D

And on a side note, my girls do that SINGING one to me ALL the time! It drives me bonkers!

Rebecca said...

What better way to say "I love you" than with the gift of a spatula? This kid really gets it. Hilarious!!

And I agree about it being slow Sunday. :)

Lesley said...

These were AWESOME Jean! I am still laughing about your Waffle family!! It is hilarious to get an insight into his sense of humor.

And I am so glad Weston has his very own lady now. : )

I loved this!! Keep 'em coming!

Abbie said...

I have a lady - hahaha

I am so in love with this little man! Oh my, that was awesome! I love this age and all the goofy things they say. Audrie is just starting to say things and I love it. It's like they're real people now.

WHE - Waffle Home Evening.

Headle said...

These little stories are so cute! I love them! I can't believe how grown up he is and all the funny things he's saying now! "Watch can I can" is adorable. I hope he never out grows that! :)

James Cramer said...

"I have a lady," that rules, lol.

Lalee Photography said...

OMG! I'm cracking up! My favs are definitely "I have a lady" and "like Daddy! Now I'm stinky." hahaha! He's hilarious!