Friday, January 21, 2011

Let Us Compare, Shall We?

I remember wondering a couple weeks before our Pennsylvania trip if I should pack regular clothes or maternity clothes. Haha!! There was NO doubt that I needed maternity clothes by the time we were actually leaving. How did I pop so suddenly?? I don't remember it being so sudden with pregnancy #1. Maybe one morning I ate a whole, intact honeydew and just forgot.

So, on that note... let us compare!! I arbitrarily started taking pregnant-belly pictures at 22 weeks with Weston, and then taking them every three weeks after that. So, that's the plan again. And to make it a little more interesting this time around, I'm going to try to wear the same shirt for all the pictures (that reddish one, which is my current favorite maternity shirt). Haha! It'll be fun to watch my bulging, bulbous belly bulge. I am going to be SO HUGE by the end... heh heh. :-)

Anyway, here I am at 22 weeks with Weston:
And here I am at 22 weeks with Pumpkin-Bukki-Megamind:
(Makeup schmakeup. ...Actually, I take that back. I am SO much cuter in the first picture.)

Just as my wise mom friends foretold, I am definitely rounder with this newest little fella. Whee! And by the way, "Megamind" is his latest nickname, thanks to Weston. Weston has offered a few name ideas for the baby, but while we were in PA, he decided that baby's name should be Megamind, and he's actually sticking with it. He refers to the baby as "Megamind" now. Awesome.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, I LOVE baby Megamind!!

You look great, Jean! Makeup or no makeup!

Emily said...

too funny, "megamind" love it! Max named our baby "Bob-boo" when I asked him, that's what he calls Bob the builder. Supposedly my sister wanted to name me Bubbles . . .glad my parents didn't go for it!

Abby said...

Oh I love Weston. Megamind!! Megamind Anderson. Perfect.

Deidra said...

I'm still not convinced it's all baby in my belly and not just all the treats we ate over Christmas. (It was constant and I had no self control!) I left for Christmas and came back with a very definitive baby bump-- totally popping out over those three weeks.

Megamind beats out BabyGirl for a nickname. Ah, to have an awesome toddler around; you're so lucky!

Liz Johnson said...

Ditto to what Dana said!! You're hot no matter what!
You're a lucky baby, Megamind.

Lisa said...

Megamind--I like it. For a middle name, at least??

Dude, I'm impressed that it took you this long to "pop" out! For me it seemed like it happened instantly, and I was PISSED. You look adorable, though! And it seems like you went from not looking pregnant to looking pregnant, instead of passing through that awkward is-she-fat stage, so that's good! :)

Kira said...

Awww...such a cute baby bump! And Weston, way to go on the "Megamind" nickname. Yea I popped out so much sooner with Katelyn. I didn't blow up with Dawson until 8 weeks left (the girl was like at 12 weeks), most neighbors didn't even know I was pregnant with the boy! I love the profile pictures, thanks for posting them!

Abbie said...

Megamind! Best name ever. And you, Miss Jean, look FANTASTIC! Seriously, you don't need make-up and your tummy is adorable!!

I can't believe you're already 22 weeks!

La La Land said...

Megamind it is! Alice was "the great brain" my whole pregnancy and we still call her that sometimes.

And, you look GREAT!!!!!

daMawma said...

No need to worry about a bigger bump this time...it goes with the territory. The second baby is frequently heavier than the first one at birth too. Can Weston feel any kicks by Megamind yet?

B Brown said...

You look fantastic! Who needs make-up anyway? Megamins is sure an impressive name. Think of that on college transcripts and resumes...Ha!