Thursday, July 21, 2011

Two Months Old, and Potty Training

(Okay, to clarify, that blog title refers to two separate children.)

Cole is TWO months old already! In keeping with Anderson tradition, he is a TANK of a baby:

Weight: 14 lbs 9 oz (97%)
Length: 25 inches (98%)

Here's some recent cuteness for your viewing pleasure:




Also, I am thrilled to announce that Weston is finally, officially, unequivocally POTTY TRAINED!!!!!!

Phew. It's been a long road... I think we started somewhere around ten months ago, perhaps? First we tried to get him to wear underpants and sit on the potty; then we backpedaled to Pull-Ups on account of frequent accidents; then we offered incentives like candy and toys for going #1 (and later #2); then we started putting him in underpants during the day; then we upped the incentives for #2's on the potty (since that has been, by far, the most difficult aspect); then, towards the end when he was regularly peeing in the potty and avoiding accidents, but still wearing Pull-Ups at naptime and bedtime, we instituted a policy that he has to help clean up his #2's but that he also gets better prizes for going #2 in the potty (which really did the trick); and then, FINALLY, we just switched him to a No-More-Pull-Ups program, which has him wearing underpants 24 hours a day (and successfully!). Finally. FINALLY!!!!!!!!!

So, HOORAY FOR WESTON! He's a trooper, and he's done magnificently over the past couple months, especially considering that I've been so distracted with the other little feller. Sigh... This mama bear is eager to take a break from potty training for a little while. :-)

10 comments:

B Brown said...

Congrats on both accounts. I love me some chunky baby, there's nothing cuter and Cole is ridiculously cute :) I'm totally on team Weston now (not that I wasn't before). We still can't break Max of the pull-ups at night.

daMawma said...

I am loving those photos of Cole with his big, round eyes (all the better to see the world). Come to think of it, you had that same intense gaze as an infant.

Most preschools require kids to be potty-trained before enrollment, so Weston is right on target for a Fall class. Good work, mama!

Tiff said...

That's cute that your mom calls it an intense gaze, and I just told Dave it's a "blank stare."

Either way, it's A-DOR-A-BLE! I want to pinch his face OFF!

He's kind of Weston 2.0. My girls didn't look that much alike. But your boys totally do...

... I guess that's what happens when they have the same dad, though. Noted.

Liz Johnson said...

Cole looks so much like Weston in that 2nd pic! Holy moly! May I eat him?

Also, a HUGE GIGANTIC ENORMOUS congratulations on potty training!!!!! That is so huge. Potty training is the most miserable part of parenthood, man (in my opinion, anyway). You deserve a Nobel prize.

Lalee Photography said...

My first thought when I read this post title what WHAT?!. And that "what?!" was riddled with incredulousness (word?) and envy. Haha! Cole is ADORABLE! I seriously want to squeeze him. And congrats on the potty training! That's amazing! You must feel so free. :) YAY Jean!!!

Dana Carlin said...

Must. Squeeze. Baby.
Could he be any cuter? No, no he could not!!

Lauren said...

That Cole of yours is one cute baby! Those eyes. I just love em. And congrats to Weston! Ethan is still sporting the pull- ups to bed and I see no end in sight on that front.

Anne Marie said...

Looking back over 31 years and raising 6 kids, potty training is definitely the worst part of parenting - followed by a close second which is teaching them to drive!! 8o
Cole is unbelieveably adorable and I must hold him right now. Or maybe on Friday...

Samual James said...

I would go and wake Kayla up before we went to bed and had her go potty again. When I did that I noticed she stopped peeing in her diaper at night and that is when I took the diapers completely away. After I did that she still has only peed the bed once.

Potty Training Problems

Unknown said...

Try the towel potty training method.