Sunday, February 19, 2012

How to Blow Up a Gingerbread House

Reason #843 why I love my family-in-law:
Every New Year's Eve, they blow up a beautiful, lovingly crafted gingerbread house.  It's a tradition.
Of course, someone (heh heh) was sort of (heh heh) fast asleep that night when the Utah Branch of the Anderson Family did the annual gingerbread house explosion.  (Okay, it was me.  C'mon, I have a baby!)  So, although we don't have any video of that official New Year's Eve explosion, we DO have a brilliant, full-color version of a follow-up attempt with Chris and Adrienne's gingerbread house, along with a step-by-step guide for success. Enjoy!

8 comments:

Anne Marie said...

Wow! That was everything our matchbook bomb was not! Our house was rendered uninhabitable due to smoke damage after an impressive fire. But the incredible explosion you guys accomplished makes you the winner hands down - and by the look of it, almost hands off. I'm talking to you, Chris!

Lisa said...

As if I didn't already know this, you people rock!!! I cracked up :)

Liz Johnson said...

The very first thing I ever remembering doing with Chris was making dry ice bombs. For this reason, I find this post incredibly awesome, and incredibly romantic. :)

josh said...

I had some students a couple of years ago figure out the most explosive water to dry ice ratio for a science fair project. I'll share it with you, if you'd like (after I dig it out of my dusty files) but I must warn you: with great power comes great responsibility.

Headle said...

Ha ha ha!!! That was awesome! I was not expecting that.

Your boys are going to love this tradition!

James Cramer said...

Dude that is rightious man, Ka-blam-ooo!

Lalee Photography said...

I have never seen this before! You guys are the coolest ever. We need to move near you just so we can be cool too.

ps. I NEVER would have checked on it!! LOL! SO scary!!!

Unknown said...

What can we understand by the way you write and a short video for what to pay attention, actually. friv 8