Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A Most Unexpected Greeting...


Today was the greatest day of my life.
Okay, second.
Third.
Top ten, for sure... We got a card in the mail from the Terminator.

I'd like to leave it at that, but I guess I should elaborate, for the sake of accuracy (this blog may be a lot of things, but a factory of lies it is not). We got a card in the mail today "written" and "signed" Governor Schwarzenegger and his first lady, congratulating us on our baby. "Congratulations on the birth of your new baby, blah, blah, blah... As parents of four fantastic children, yadda-yadda... feed them, keep them healthy, etc..." Pretty generic until you imagine Arnold himself reading it to you, and then offering the chance to live if you just come with him. It was pretty exciting.

My governor can beat up your governor.

Edit: I guess I should clarify... the image above is what I wish the card had been. It was really just some fluffy watercolor painting Hallmark number...

9 comments:

daMawma said...

HaHaHa, what a team...the Terminator and Captain Duckie Bum. Can't wait for the movie! Also, I can't help but notice that you find pleasure in the smallest of things. It's a gift.

Liz Johnson said...

Your governor speaks English!?!?!

That's news to me. :)

Lalee Photography said...

hahaha! That's awesome! :-) Man, I wanna move to CA.

Tiff said...

How nice of him to take time away from firing people and cutting educational budgets to send you a fun little card. LOL!

No really. That's hilarious!

Put it in TP's scrapbook, definitely.

The Facks of Life said...

Too funny! You would think he would have a picture of him and his family on it...something professional. This just shows he's still living in the glory days. Thanks for the good laugh.

Jacob Sparks said...

SO THIS IS the factory of LIEs! I thought that was the real card!

daMawma said...

I thought it was the real postcard too! Who designed the robot one...Tim?

Tim Anderson said...

Yeah, I designed the doctored card. The real one, unfortunately, made no reference to the Terminator at all. But a boy can dream...

La La Land said...

I didn't get one!!! Tim, can you please send me your doctored card so that we can make Alice feel special, too?