Friday, January 16, 2009

Word Verification Experiment

Alright, here's the truth: lately I have been completely unable to think of a darn thing to blog about. Does that ever happen to you? Do you experience blogwriter's block sometimes? Sure, things have been happening, but there just seems to be less motivation on my part (perhaps an aftereffect of my attempted New Year's Resolution). For example, our freaking amazing Disney World vacation? Too many photos to go through. My friend Melanie's baby shower? Super fun, but didn't take my camera because I didn't bring my purse because I walked there. My trip to Target the other day? Typical and unremarkable. A visit to the zoo with Weston where a gorilla squatted and tooted right in front of us? Okay, maybe. But only if I were feeling especially classy. ;-)

Therefore, in light of my present writer's block, I'm stealing a fun idea from my friend Chris (aka Best Singer-Songwriter Ever / Fellow D.C. Aficionado / HR Extraordinaire)'s blog. Here's how it goes:

Y'know how on many blogs, you have to type in a "word verification" in order to enter your comment? And y'know how they're always really random, made-up words? Well, give this experiment a try: click to post a comment on this blog, look at the fake "word verification" word, and then in your comment, write a sentence using the fake word as if it were a real word.

Here's an example: "Because I haven't been a good boy this year, Santa left me noshinge for Christmas."

Here's another example (which I wrote on Chris's blog): "When I visited Colombia, I was taken hostage and held coptib for nearly 5 months!"

So give it a try! Think creatively! Get those brainies humming! You can do it!! :-)

25 comments:

Liz Johnson said...

I'm going to an Indian restaurant to have Bagnabi for dinner!

OR

BAGNABI! I forgot to add salt to the cookies!

OR

That guy is a regular Bagnabi; he has stolen 33 purses this week alone! (notice the clever use of semicolon to make it only one sentence)

chartie said...

Thanks for passing this idea along! Glad it's catching on. :-)

Lately, I have felt very unmotivated and lethargic, and I don't remember the last time I felt so "inatic" as I to now.

Tiff said...

As outgoing as I may appear, it often shocks people to find out I can actually be quite a chypousn.

Nat said...

Check out those hoters...

Dana Carlin said...

I'm with Ryan right now, and I think we're going to go build something with blankets because we're feeling quite forti!

Dana Carlin said...

i could do this all day...

Can anyone tell me where Shaggy went? ROPRO!

Katie said...

I'm so not creative, but here goes...

"I'm just a tanti tired today.

What a fun little game!

daMawma said...

"Weston and I both need abibb for our spaghetti."

Lisa said...

"The thief tied me to a chair and ducted my mouth shut."

The Hyer Family said...

This economy stinketh...these days I find that I have no monnes in my wallet...

The Hyer Family said...

OK, honestly this game is addicting...I laughed at every comment!

My son Charlie is like Weston...quite a train, but my girls, I tell you, are quite pateeat...

danyelly said...

Realizing I lost my wallet made me have a paunica - ttack.

Dana Carlin said...

A story using 13 fake words:

On my most recent trip to NYC, I stopped by the conin O'Brien show. The theater was an offshoot of Broadway and was very founC. Conin was extremely beardi- he probably hadn't shaved for about 3 weeks. I was chosen to come on stage, which led to many gicks and kiggles. First, conin said he was very glad that he metyme. Next he introduced aconandi, but I didn't shake Acon's hand for fear of diesses. I had more resperst for rebur McEntire, who gave me a fricar! All in all, I came home with a troculful of memories.

Emily said...

Jean! are you on facebook? I'm now friends with Tim. i totally know what you mean about blogging writers block. Here is my best shot . . .
My pet panda bear can only eat bamboo and putru leaves. This is kind of like the Balderdash game! love that one.

Tim Anderson said...

There once was a man from Mystilyp
who refused to walk at a faster clip,
He slowed down his pace
and fell down on his face,
And in the kerfuffle he split his lip.

gunnfam said...

I put mine in, did you puturs?

Dana Carlin said...

Tim- is it true that "Rator of the Lost Ark" is one of your favorite movies?

Melissa said...

I was in tricycle accident and I aincolai down for about a week.

Liz Johnson said...

Tim, was that a limerick!? GENIUS. Blugerf, even.

Dana Carlin said...

I think I may be coming down with something, but I'm not worried- my doctor prescribed some Rosestin for me.

Abbie said...

Are you feeling de flati after weaning Weston?

Abbie said...

p.s. I'm stealing this idea. Please don't cagize me for it. Thanks!

Dana Carlin said...

Tim, you're so good with your nephew, Killian. What a great ungleure!

sachia said...

Damnit, ostriches are mating inside!!!!!

Headle said...

The opposite of mercy--warci....

Okay that was a stretch!! :D

Your family is sooo cute!!!!