Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Weston Is Walking!!! BAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

We are seriously SO excited that Weston is starting to walk!! THIS has been my life for the past few months, and I am more than thrilled to say goodbye to the broken-back-bend-over. Yaaaaaay! Anyway, it started with the Smunch taking a little step by himself here and there, and then standing by himself for just a moment. Then he learned to take a couple steps, and now he can pretty much take as many as he wants, as long as the ground is solid and flat and there's nothing in his way and he doesn't have to turn around (haha).

I've been looking forward to this for a long time. Oftentimes other people at Disney World would strike up a conversation about Weston, especially if they were watching me walk him around. They'd say something like, "He's cute!" or "Look at him go!" or something like that. And I'd always say, "Yeah, it'll be nice when I don't have to do this anymore" (referring to the bending-over-helping-him-walk thing). And they'd always say, "Haha, be careful what you wish for!" Hmm. They ALWAYS said that! Well, maybe that's true. Once he's freely mobile, then I'll have to watch him a whole lot more and chase after him every now and then. But ANYTHING will be better than waiting and waiting and waiting for him to be mobile! I will take Free Range Weston over Immobile Whimpery Weston any day. Yay!!!

P.S. He's STILL not crawling. So weird. But, I'll take what I can get.

P.P.S. I hate this video. I look horrible and I sound like a moron. But, I decided to swallow my pride and vanity and just let Weston shine in his glorious achievement. Try not to stare at the jelly belly. I know, it's hard.

P.P.P.S. If you're wondering about that thing in my mouth, it's a magnet. Weston loves the magnets on the fridge, and one of them happened to be on the living room floor, so I grabbed it and used it to lure him to me. Bwah ha ha.

ENJOY!

21 comments:

dietcokegrrl said...

How adorable is Weston?? I just love his chubby little legs. Cute cute video!!

It's so nice to have them walking now, isn't it? YAY!!

Bridget said...

Wow! I am seriously impressed. He looks like he's totally got it down already! And that was a super cute video; I was smiling the whole time :)

lyndsey said...

YAY! he walks! geez, he is the cutest. and who needs crawling anyway?? weston is a fast mover, he doesn't have time for baby stuff like crawling.

Emily said...

oh my gosh! he is SOOO cute and you guys are such cute parents, it melts my heart. And you look so adorable in the video! wow, well so much for crawling first, my nephew walked first too actually! Go Weston!

Lesley said...

No way! He is the earliest walker ever! I guess you ought to be prepared for a kid who likes to beat the system and do things according to his very own plan!

I can't believe how steady Weston is! Do you know it usually takes a kid several weeks of 'walking' to get that good? Way to go, Weston! My favorite part is how obviously pleased he is with himself.

Linsey said...

Isaac started walking this month too. It adds a strange new dimension to your life, but I'll take it over crawling and hunched over mommy any day.

By the way, sometimes people say "if they don't crawl they don't read." That's hog wash, my Dad never crawled and he's an English Ph.D. I tell you this just in case some ridiculous person tells you a horror story about crawling and development and other nonsense.

Dana Carlin said...

Yay for Weston! I knew it was going to be soon. And just so you know, when your viewer count gets into the thousands on this video- it's 80% of the time me watching it with Killian. (Every day, SEVERAL times a day, Killian runs over to my laptop and chants "Wetton! Wetton! Wetton!" until I go to your blog and show him pics of Weston. Then he does his usual baby talk and patronizing while poking at still-frame Weston. It's sweet, but it's kind of obnoxious by the 5th time of the day. I'll have to take a video of it some time.
Anyway, Weston is super cute walking!! Yay for early walkers!

Dana Carlin said...

PS- I forgot to close my parenthacy)

Dana Carlin said...

(CRAP! I even used the internet to check my spelling on the word, and I found false information. NOW I will properly close my parenthesis.)

Liz Johnson said...

ACK! HE IS SO CUTE!!! And SO sturdy!! I'm with Lesley, it usually takes kids FOREVER to walk that well!! I like the end when he just takes off in another direction. Hahahaha.

And you look hot, Jean. I love your hair!

Lisa said...

That is SO ADORABLE. I don't know what you're talking about, I think you're adorable in that video.

And YAY WESTON!!! I agree with Lesley, what a stable little guy! And I love how he giggles as he does it--he's so excited!

And you know, people were like that with me when Jonathan started crawling. I just think that people forget how FRUSTRATED babies get right before they learn how to move. Seriously, before Jonathan could crawl he was whiny and needy and it was exhausting!! Yeah there will be chasing and baby-proofing, but that beats whiny and needy any day.

Jay said...

AWESOME!!!!!! That's too cute!

Headle said...

I love it!!! YEA Weston!! I second what everyone else has said about how sturdy he looks. Good form boy!!

Jean, you look as beautiful as ever!! I love seeing you and Tim together...soooo cute!!!

megan said...

personally i think you look great!!

and weston looks like a pro! yay for you!!
I kinda wish elijah were more mobile...I'm getting tired of carrying him everywhere...but truly, mobility and immobility both have their pros and cons. he looks superadorable!

Wendi said...

Wow! That was very smooth walking! None of this wobbling around for Weston!

Abbie said...

YAY! Independence Day for the Andersons!

daMawma said...

The world is yours now, Free Range Weston!

Gaskin Girl said...

So exciting! I'm SO excited for you that he walks now! It is really nice to have a mobile baby. And don't let anyone get after you for him walking before crawling. Lilly did that, and my favorite comment was "If your baby walks before he crawls, then he won't learn to read." N-I-C-E. Morons.

Oh, and BTW, the word verification for this comment was "polooker." Hahahahah!

Mary said...

That is so awesome! YAY Weston!!! He really is so cute!

The Facks of Life said...

How cute is he? I want to squeeze him! Who wouldn't want to walk with that kind of praise...I almost love you and Tim's reactions more than anything. Love it!

dana said...

So cute! It was fun to see him in person at the library! What a grown-up boy! And well, walking IS the goal...so who needs crawling anyway?
Congrats to all of you!