Saturday, January 31, 2009

A Day in the Life

I decided to photo-journal my entire day yesterday, because I had no idea what would transpire. Here's the situation:

(1) Tim is on campus all day long, but I have the car.
(2) I have no work assignments, and no plans whatsoever.

What do I do?

Wake up, play with Baby, and say goodbye to Husband:
Give Baby breakfast:
Put Baby down for nap #1:
Eat breakfast, get on the computer, and eventually shower and get dressed:
Retrieve Baby from nap #1:
Play at the park:
Return home and feed Baby a delicious lunch of cottage cheese and banana:
Put Baby down for nap #2:
Wash dishes, eat lunch, and read:
Retrieve Baby from nap #2:
Play with toys:
Go to Jamba Juice and use my sweet gift card:
Stroll around Old Town Pasadena and buy small snack containers at the Container Store:
Return home, give Baby a snack, and play some more:
Give Baby a bath and put him to bed:
Get changed, welcome Husband home, tag-team with him, and go to a friend's house until 1 A.M.
The End.

13 comments:

megan said...

personally I love this post. Fun to see how other people spend their days!

and I especially like the at a friend's house till 1 am part. good times.

lyndsey said...

awesome photo skills of yourself, i'm impressed. looks like a fun day! ESP the 1 a.m. stuff :)

Nat said...

Good times! Isn't it crazy how much stuff you can fit in a single day and still feel like you didn't get much done?? A big YAY for hanging out with grown-ups! It was definitely much needed. :)

dietcokegrrl said...

Love the photo journal idea--and nice job on the self portraits.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the cottage cheese picture--hilarious!!

YAY for late nights with the girls...although I was soooo tired this morning. That was so past my bedtime, but totally worth it!

dana said...

Great photojournal! Excellent idea. I may have to try that too. And I'm so glad you ended it with a night out till 1am! I had so much fun with all you over. And I was soooo sleepy in the morning :).

daMawma said...

Weston's cottage cheese photo reminds me of cousin Killian's strained carrots photo! Thanks for sharing your day. (Sometime maybe you could post a day-in-the-life of Tim.)

Lesley said...

Fun! Now did you pump up the daily routine for the sake of better blogging, or are your days often so action packed? Sounds like a great day! And those are some very cute pictures of Baby, too!

Abbie said...

What a fun journal idea. I think I might try it. Won't it be fun to look back to see what we moms did when we had tiny kids?

sachia said...

Looks like you had a blast! Good job mommy!!!!

Headle said...

Oh, I would absolutely love to spend the day with you and Weston!!! You are both sooo fun!! I love the picture at the end of the post...you are such a cutie!!

Lisa said...

Yep, sounds similar to my days, except for the "stick baby in front of Baby Einstein while I teach" part. Man, can you be closer? I'd like to do some of this stuff together. :)

P.S. I don't even know if Jonathan would know how to use a blanket if he had one. He's a rolly kid, and yeah, I was wondering that lately. Am I going to have to wait until he can talk to explain blankets?? :)

The Facks of Life said...

You just experienced my dream day...please tell me you do that every day so I can live vicariously through you. How fun and great post!

Lalee Photography said...

Oh my gosh, Weston is growing up so fast! He's such a little man! I can't wait to see you guys on Friday morning! (you are still around friday morning, right???) :-)