Sunday, August 23, 2009

Another TIM & JEAN Sale!

This special discount is even better than the last one... FIVE blog posts for the bargain price of one!!!

************************************************************
Questions of the Day:

(1) Why do Elmo and Dorothy always ask Mr. Noodle first, when Dorothy ALWAYS ends up deciding to ask someone else anyway?

(2) Am I going to die from drinking one of those little black floaty things in my Brita filtered water?

(3) If someone's husband does something funny during a very slow, solemn, reverent hymn at church, causing her and her husband to snicker (to the point of tears in their eyes) throughout the entire hymn, then does that mean that we’re they're going to hell?

************************************************************
Auntie Status Change

Yesterday evening, my niece/nephew count jumped to THREE!!! My sister-in-law gave birth to Finn Ryan, measuring in at 10 lbs 1 oz and 22 inches long. WOOHOO!!! Congrats to Dana and Jay! Click HERE for a pic of the (big) little guy!

(Although the niece/nephew count comes to three at the present time, I fully expect it to total over 20 by the time all of Tim's siblings are done having kids!)

************************************************************
Weston y La Cuchara

Given that Weston's 18-month appointment is approaching soon, and given that the pediatrician is almost certainly going to ask whether he still drinks out of a bottle (sometimes yes), whether he's brushing his teeth (umm... kinda?), if he's using a regular cup yet (nope), and if he's using utensils yet (nope), among other things, I decided that maybe I should try to tackle one of those pesky little "developmental milestones" in advance. Plus, I was inspired by this blog post of my friend Lisa's, which displays her awesome little guy's newfound talent of eating yogurt with a spoon. So, (big reveal here -- my Secret Motherhood Success Strategy!!!), I just copied her and did exactly what she did. (Surprise! What?... did you actually think I have any idea what I'm doing??) :-)

Overall, it seems like the test might have worked. Here are Weston's cute yogurt-with-a-spoon pictures:

And here are Weston's slightly embarrassing yogurt-with-a-spoon pictures:


(Hehehehehe!)

************************************************************
A Request

On a much more serious note, I have a request for all of you. This comes from my friend Liz's blog. Liz's cousin, Janet Christiansen Abaroa, was murdered four years ago in her home when she was pregnant with her second child. Her six-month-old baby was asleep in the next room when it happened. Her killer has never been brought to justice (although some members of Liz's family are certain of who it is).

ABC Primetime is airing a special on the case this Wednesday, August 26 (10:00 PM EST). The more people who are aware of the circumstances of Janet's murder, the more likely the killer will eventually be revealed. Obviously, this has been a horrifying ordeal for the family, and the more I learn about it, the more I love Janet and the more I feel their pain. Please watch if you can!

************************************************************
A General Update

Well, I'm traveling again! Tim and I are flying to PA on Tuesday. Because I just can't get enough of flying across the country with Weston on my lap, I'm (once again) flying across the country with Weston on my lap. Haha! Let me explain: the real purpose of this trip is that my mom and I are going to drive from PA to Ohio to visit my uncle and cousins for a few days. (YAAAAY!!!) Originally, Tim was going to stay in CA with Weston, while I flew out to PA and had my little roadtrip with my mom. Then in June, I ended up scoring a free round-trip airline ticket, which we decided that Tim should use to come out to PA also (because it's a lot easier and a lot more fun for him to watch Weston with the help of his family, than for him to watch Weston here in CA by himself). However, the free ticket was for a different airline than the one on which I was already booked. Therefore, I'm flying out with Weston on one airline, while Tim is flying out on another. (We agreed that I have a much higher tolerance for flying cross-country with a toddler than Tim does. Yippee for me.) Then, the morning after we land, I'm taking off to Ohio with my mom while Tim is staying in PA with Weston and his family. So, it's kind of a kooky trip, but it's going to be GREAT!

Anyway, we're considering skipping off to Disneyland this Monday before we leave and getting our new annual passes (and, of course, soaking in some of that glorious, sparkly Disney magic). It is so great to have Tim home again! Friday was the last day of his internship, and he got to enjoy a fun lunch out with a bunch of his coworkers, plus a free screening of District 9. (I have never heard of companies just taking all their employees to the movies. Is this normal? Maybe it's a video game thing?) Anyway, now Tim has a couple of weeks of vacay ahead of him, prior to the start of his final term at Art Center. Did you hear that? FINAL TERM!!!!!!!!

So, ta-ta for now, my fam-bots and friend-bots! Lots of love! :-)

10 comments:

daMawma said...

Sweethearts, you just can't be reverent in church 100% of the time. (Wish I had been there too.) When your lives are over and the angels replay "the video" on judgment day, I suspect they will they be amused too.

daMawma said...

And, by the way, Weston is doing great with his spoon. I don't see ANY yogurt plastered on his nose or forehead.

Liz Johnson said...

If you're going to hell, then save me a spot too.

Dude, I think Weston rocked the yogurt amazingly well. Seriously, where is all the yogurt that is supposed to be in his hair?! And covering the high chair? And smeared across the floor? Geez he's a neat eater.

Thanks for the shout-out for the ABC Primetime thing. I am cautiously optimistic that something will happen with this.

Deidra said...

Yay for the last term of school, eating with a spoon and more visits with family! Good all around!

Lisa said...

Yay spoon Weston!! Haha, I didn't know that I could be inspiring. I'm also terrified of all the things Jonathan's NOT doing by the 18-month appointment. Sigh.

And I'm still laughing about the Sesame Street thing. I'm glad I'm not the only one who analyzes it. And seriously, why has Elmo totally ditched pronouns altogether? "Elmo thinks Abby should play with Elmo's gift for Abby!!"

Have fun on your trip!

Headle said...

A 5 for 1!!!! I'm sooo happy!!! Your updates are sooo fun to read!!! Yay for cute new nephew!!

How totally awesome that Tim gets some vacation time to play before school starts again!!! YAY!!! And another trip to visit family is always a wonderful blessing! :)

Not to mention, way to sneak in Disneyland in all of this!!

Lalee Photography said...

YAY vacation for Tim! He must my so psyched! I can't believe he's going to be starting his final term. WOOOO!!!

If you're going to hell then I'm going too. I ALWAYS laugh in church. Like the convulsing, silent shaking kind where I have to try to breathe in as slowly as possible so I don't snort. I think it's because I'm forced to be quiet and solemn and it's hard. haha. I fear for our children.

Weston is doing GREAT with his spoon!!! Go Weston go!

Emily said...

haha! I've always wondered about those Brita floaties, we actually call them "blackies!" way to go Tim on the final term! And is Weston starting nursery soon? how exciting!

Lesley said...

I dig the format of this action-packed post.

Hooray for Weston, and cross country trips to see fam, and for free round trip tickets, and for a kooky family trip together but apart. But actually, that last one makes total sense to me.

FINAL TERM! That is amazing. Way to go!

B Brown said...

Good, now I'm all caught up :)

Good luck on the plane, you're very brave.

As far as going to hell for laughing during a hymn...depends on the hymn.