Sunday, August 2, 2009

I Love Mutant Fruit

(Now how can you possibly skip a blog post title like THAT?)

The other day I was at Costco, perusing the boxes of strawberries for the one with the prettiest, yummiest-looking berries. As I was examining them while Weston wiggled in the shopping cart, I thought I found a winner, so just to be sure, I flipped it over to look at the berries on the bottom of the box. And guess what I found...

BEHOLD!!! THE KING OF ALL STRAWBERRIES!!!
This beauty was hiding at the bottom, but once I saw it, I knew that I MUST buy that box.
I mean, seriously, can you say "no" to giant mutant fruit?? I sure can't. It's like winning a prize when you find one. They are rare gems that must be admired for their massive size and sheer awesomeness.

(FYI, that evening, after taking a few pictures of me holding the King of All Strawberries, I asked Tim if I could take a picture of him with it. Aaaaaannnnnnd this is what I got...)
Anyway, now mutant fruit can be added to my list of "Mutant Things That I Love." Already on the list?
Mutant vegetables:
Mutant animals:
Mutant trees:
And, of course, mutant people:

11 comments:

Lisa said...

LOL, I love you. That picture of Tim with the strawberry is incredible :)

Liz Johnson said...

You and Tim are some of the most photogenic people I know.

I also love mutant food. Like when you get Siamese twin M&Ms! SCORE!

La La Land said...

This post is so totally Jean. I love it!

Lalee Photography said...

You crack me up Jean! I had mutant starbursts at the movie theater on Friday :-)

lyndsey said...

um...scary. that strawberry is like something off an elephant man special.

p.s. my word verification word for this comment is JEWS. except it's spelled jewes. HA. these word things will never cease to amuse me.

Brooke said...

sweeet strawberry! and gotta love Wolverine!

daMawma said...

The ultimate prize for a strawberry fanatic! Did you nibble it (like a purist) or slice it into a dessert recipe? What a HOOT...mutant FRUIT.

Nat said...

Usually when i hear the word "mutant" i think grotesquely deformed. But that strawberry was beautifully yummy looking! As is Wolverine, I might add.

Headle said...

I think that is the coolest looking strawberry I've ever seen!!! You have such cute and creative blog posts!! SO FUN!

dana said...

haha. funny.

B Brown said...

love it! I'm always on the hunt for food that looks like it has an image of the Virgin Mary in it. that always seems to make the news.