Friday, March 26, 2010

One Day

One day I woke up, made breakfast, and got dressed.

Then, this fabulous girl Doris came and said, "Hey, hop in my van!" And I was all, "Okey doke!"
Then we went and picked up this other fabulous girl, Krista, too! (Why does Weston look so grumpy? Haha!)
On the drive, I tried my best to get a shot of this little one:
And, lo and behold, fate eventually brought us to this place:
Weston resorted to his usual tortilla-strip-dipping:
And guess what else? There were even more fabulous girls there, too, like Heather and Danielle!
And Lauren! (who claims she is moving next week, but I don't buy it)
And there were all these cute little children around us:
(And there was a whole other table over there!)
It was great.

Later that evening, because I had so much fun, I was like, "Hey, I'll go to Islands, just for kicks!" And guess what... fabulous girls were there, TOO (Kristie, Summer, and Lauren)!
Not to mention Sachia, Jenny, and Rebecca!
Hey, there's that Lauren girl again! (She again claimed that she would be moving. I'm sure she'll change her mind before Tuesday, though.)
And FYI, the following pictures are what happens when Sachia starts laughing really hard while waving around your camera:

(I love that Summer is the only one prepared for this picture. Kristie on the left is not quite ready.)
They were ready:
The dessert plate was ready:
And hooray!! Now Kristie is ready!
Apparently this is what my face looks like when I'm laughing hysterically. Goo!!
Later I went home, got in my pajamas, and went to bed. Overall, it was everything that a day with two eat-outs and plenty of fabulous people should be. The end.

16 comments:

dietcokegrrl said...

YAY! Fun day and a fun post. Thanks to you and Krista for driving down with me--and thanks for not mentioning my driving in your post. haha :)

Hope Weston got a nice long nap.

daMawma said...

I have never, ever, had a 2-fer day out. What an awesome concept. You are blessed!

Lalee Photography said...

What is this cafe rio? I must try it. Now I want to go have fun twice in one day. Go Jean!! :)

Liz Johnson said...

Wow Jean, you have better luck than me when you hop into strange vans. You end up going out to eat twice... I just end up bound and gagged and thrown into a ravine. If only I could be as lucky (and as cool) as Jean!

Word verif: reallyz. I am totally using that word in a sentence todayz.

Lauren said...

Ahhh. A great day. I knew all it would take is threatening to move and I'd get Cafe Rio and ladies night out in one day. Imagine what else I can come up with...

Lisa said...

How fun!! How come everyone is so dang gorgeous in your group? Do you just attract ridiculously beautiful people to your ridiculously beautiful self?

We may need to hit Cafe Rio now. Especially because I had a friend on facebook say that she was "Team Costa Vida," as in she thinks it's BETTER than Cafe Rio. Psssshhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw.

lyndsey said...

fun! looks like you guys have been partying hardy. that pic of doris at the beginning is so cute! i miss my friends. and you should def get into strange vans more often. maybe one of them will bring you to utah valley for some REAL cafe rio ;)

Kristen said...

Yea for girl's nights out! Looks like an awesome day!

Abbie said...

I want every day to be like that! FUN!!!!

Cafe Rio dreams...

Headle said...

That looks like such a great day!! Nothing like a good day out with friends...especially to Cafe Rio!

Jean, you are so creative! I love the way you document your trips-big and small!! :)

sachia said...

Jean, as usual you are so funny. Thanks for always keeping that camera charged. Good things happen.

B Brown said...

I'm with you Jean, I think Lauren is faking it just to get fun events and dinners in her honor (at least I am crossing my fingers that she is!). Still bummed I missed Cafe Rio, we'll def. have to go another time.

dana said...

oh my gosh. LOVED this post!!! So much fun! Sorry I couldn't be there with you all!

Mike said...

Hello,

Your blog has been recommended to us as a interviewee's favorite blog!

We would like to do an interview with you about your blog for Blog
Interviewer. We'd
like to give you the opportunity to
give us some insight on the "person behind the blog."

It would just take a few minutes of your time. The interview form can
be submitted online here Submit your
interview.

Best regards,

Mike Thomas

Unknown said...

Love all the pics...except the one of me not ready for the camera :) You are hilarious Jean! I love you...thanks for taking all these great pics and thanks for the easter pics to as well. I am going to try and be prepared more like you in the camera dept.

Allison said...

Cafe...cafe RIO??? When? Where? Why was I not notified? I would have moved back AGES ago!!!!!!!