Monday, December 20, 2010

Why I Won't Pay for Expensive Photos with Mall Santa

We went to this weird little Santa activity at a local community center, and even though Weston was cautiously excited when he first saw Santa Claus, he would not go ANYWHERE NEAR HIM when it was picture time. It took a reeeeeeaaaaaally long time to get this one (and as you can see, my super-happy-giant smile is an unsuccessful attempt to make up for his displeasure):

**********

In other news, Tim and I realized in Sunday School yesterday that the Old Testament is by far the greatest resource on baby names for expectant parents, particularly the books of Nehemiah and Ezra. I don't know if Tim's on board with this, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to refer to our utero-spawn as "Bukki" from now on. (See Ezra 7:4.)

**********

Countdown to the 22-hour roadtrip to PA: THREE MORE DAYS!

7 comments:

daMawma said...

What? "Pumpkin" is changing to "Bukki"? Sounds too close to "Balki".

Although with the first one, "It" changed to "Tadpole" and then became "Tadpole Leonard", then ended up as "T.L."

Liz Johnson said...

I really love the name Ezra, although I could get used to Bukki. :)

I refuse to pay for mall Santa, too. /fist bump

Abbie said...

Bouncing Baby Bukki! Love it.

Santas have the worst job ever. Who does this for a living? You make kids cry and then sticky kids sit on your lap.

Tiff said...

It is totally WORTH it to spend an arm and a leg on Mall Santa Photos, e-SPE-cially when the photo captures all the fear and potential future issue from trauma on your child's face.

Always worth it.

Always. ;)

Headle said...

I love how Weston is clinging to you! Days never to be forgotten...

22 hour road trip, whew! It will be worth it when you get to spend Christmas surrounded by people who adore you all! :) Good luck!!

Lisa said...

Hahaha, so funny! We've never done Santa pictures, and I'm not too sad about it. And yay for the road trip! Our kids have done a lot better than we thought they would, so yay! You'll be fine!

Rebecca said...

Heman is a biblical name. Check it out.