Thursday, June 16, 2011

Recently at Team Anderson...

Recent Thinkings:

Remember my epic gardening project? Well, I'm happy to report that my garden is green and lush... with WEEDS!!! Yeah, it's completely out of control. I don't even know if any actual vegetables are growing in that giant weed-jungle. Apparently I overestimated my ability to actively take care of a garden on a daily basis in the midst of late pregnancy/early post-pregnancy (haha). Sigh... maybe next summer?

So, I mentioned earlier that when I'm pregnant, I crave salty, salty foods. Well, evidently when I have a newborn, I crave SUGAR. The other day I had waffles for breakfast, with strawberries and banana. I smeared large gobs of Nutella over all of it. Yum.

Recent cell phone FAIL: when my friend Chris and his family were passing through Salt Lake City, and called me to meet up. I didn't have my phone with me, so I didn't hear it ring. Then, I went a few days before bothering to listen to my messages. FAIL!!! I am so lame with my phone.

Y'know what's really liberating? A budget!! Tim and I put together a fine little budget for ourselves, which is much simpler than the crazy, multi-worksheet maze that we used to have when we first got married. We're still in the thick of our student loans (haha, obviously... it'll be a long time before that "thick" starts to thin...), and it's SO nice to know exactly where we stand every month with bills and expenditures. Goodbye, Anxiety. Hello, Awareness!! Yay us.

The father-son campout is coming up this Friday evening, and Tim's going to take Weston again. (We both agreed that it would be a little TOO hardcore for him to take the four-week-old baby as well.) Anyway, how should I spend my fabulous evening?? I'm thinking of checking out a couple new-to-me stores (World Market, Tai Pan). Maybe I'll bake something spectacular, too...? To be determined!

I am OBSESSED with Paradise Bakery right now (thanks to Gangy for the introduction!). Their claim is "famous for our cookies," and I will definitely get behind that. My favorites are the chocolate chip (so soft and luscious) and the sugar (soft in the middle, and tastes just like cookie dough!). So, I admonish you: GO THERE! TRY IT!! You won't be disappointed. :-)

In related news, I saw LAURA W the other day!!! In case you don't know who that is, she's the awesome girl who I originally met in California and who now lives nearby and has an equally awesome and adorable little girl, Alice. They came over to watch The Little Mermaid and play a bit, and then we went to (guess...) Paradise Bakery for lunch!! Weston and Alice were really shy with each other in the beginning, but they were laughing and having a grand ol' time by the end. YAY!!!

And now... Recent Doings:

Exploring:

Self-photographing:
Hiking:
Napping:
Hamming:
Lounging:
Bonding:
Petting:
Posing:
Climbing:
Balancing:
Cuddling:
and, of course, Eating:

13 comments:

hilary w said...

World Market is my FAVORITE! You will love it.

Maybe I'm unaware of some pop culture phenomenon, but what on earth is that creepy hooded character with a huge gun putting it's arm around Weston?!

chartie said...

We're sorry we missed you. I should have called earlier. We'll get together another time. We'll probably be back in December.

Liz Johnson said...

I freaking miss your guts. I love all of these pics. And also, Weston is adorable, and Cole is freaking precious pants. I want to smush him with love (that baby still gives me an endorphin high).

Tiff said...

Um - where the heck do you find Jawas in the middle of Utah?

And P.S. That "bonding" picture is precious beyond WORDS! And it makes my ovaries ACHE with SADNESS! But also makes me want to tell you to get an over-sized canvas of it ASAP!

Abbie said...

Awww. That bonding picture. I want to eat them up, but I won't, but can we go to Paradise Bakery when I come. You better answer my call! :)

daMawma said...

I love all the sunny, outdoorsy photos of your family and friends outings. I don't know how you do it on so little sleep. Don't give up on your garden just yet, things can be growing there you will want to eat (if you don't pull them up thinking they are weeds). That bonding photo just melts my heart.

Headle said...

Love these pictures Jean! It looks like you are having such a wonderful Summer!!! And you look amazing!! I would of never known you just had a baby!

Agree with everyone--the bonding picture needs to be framed as soon as possible!

Lalee Photography said...

Aww, Cole is so so cute! I demand more photos! :) I am impressed with your budgeting, we fail every month and are like, "huh, how are we going to pay the mortgage?"...LOL! No but really. :) That bonding photo is ADORABLE!!! So sweet! And you look amazing Jean! You are my motivation to lose this baby weight (I'm only 11 months out...lol!). I can't wait to read about how the daddy/son camping trip goes!!!

La La Land said...

YEAH! We did have such a good time with you, and it must happen more often. Alice and Weston need to become besties and I need more Cole time. I'm so glad you are here!

Kira said...

I love all the pics (especially the bonding one)! And I can't believe I've never mentioned Paradise Cafe to you, their cookies are the best, aren't they?!!

James Cramer said...

Hey Tim and Jean, thank you for the update on what is going on, yeah father-son campout woo-hoo!

Lisa said...

Pictures--adorable. Cookies--craving. You--THIN!!! Oh man, I am still carrying so much baby weight in my face (a year later), that it made me jealous to see your skinny little face. But I'm happy for you... I think...

Brooke said...

I will join you at Paradise anytime. MMMM