Thursday, April 19, 2012

Easter! AND Tee Ball!

Hey, look, I'm blogging!!

In case you didn't see my blog-undrum on Facebook, I basically realized that although I find my kids to be super adorable, blogging sometimes feels more like an obligation than a pleasure.  So, I've decided to only blog about the really blog-worthy things, like birthdays and holidays and new babies and the like.  Naturally, any new "Weekly Dork Time with Microsoft Paint" installments are also included in this list.  I'm not cruel, and I'd never want to intentionally deprive you of those doses of creative inspiration. :-)

Moving right along... we had a FANTASTIC EASTER!!!  Dana (Tim's sister) and Kim (Tim's cousin) flew out from PA to visit, and Mark (Tim's brother) drove down from BYU-Idaho.  Lemme tell ya, it's pretty much nonstop hilarity with these folks, plus our Utah regulars (Chris, Adrienne, and Mary).  IT WAS SO FUN!!!  I was exhausted most of the time (the hilarity knows no bedtime), but it was so worth it.  I am so excited to see everyone again at Christmastime!!!

So... the day before Easter, Tim and I took the boys to Easter Eggstreme at Thanksgiving Point.  It was a paid event, but I loved that there was so much more to do than the 10-second-long Easter egg hunts.  There were bouncy houses, cow train rides (you're like, whaa?), wagon rides, food stalls, games, and giveaways.  I realized after last year's disaster that we needed something a little more organized (and longer than 10 seconds) for our Easter fun.  Fortunately, the egg hunts at Thanksgiving Point took place every half-hour and were split up by age.  And they put out A LOT OF EGGS.  I'd say the hunts lasted... oh, 15 seconds?  Hey, that's five whole seconds of bonus enjoyment.

Here's Weston at the bell.  GO, CHILD, GO!!!

GRAB 'EM!!!  GRAB 'EM!!! 

Aaaaaand we're done.  (I love that all the kids are still standing around.  Like one of them is going to see an egg that no one else sees.  Haha!  Man, I sound really mean.) 

The spoils!!!  Weston was very proud of the nine eggs that he collected. 

They actually had a baby egg hunt, too, which was freaking adorable.  (Except for all the older siblings who were running around grabbing eggs as fast as they could for their baby brothers/sisters.  Honestly, I'm still uncertain about Easter egg hunts.  Not sure if they're wonderful, innocent fun for kids, or frenzied explosions of unbridled avarice a la Black Friday.)

Anyway, Cole was thrilled to get the four little eggs that he and I picked up.  He pretty much just bonked them together and shook them for the next 10 minutes.  Geez... babies are so easy. :-)

Speaking of frenzied explosions of unbridled avarice, I sent the boys into the last event of the morning: the Chick-Fil-A Mosh Pit Free For All!  I guess there were a bunch of golden eggs containing coupons and freebies, but Tim and Weston never made it to them.  Those eggs were snatched up in the first 5 seconds of the hunt, while the remaining eggs were snatched up by the 10-second mark.  Haha!  Oh well.

Despite the craziness of the hunts, it was a fun morning, and I'm glad we did it.  It was nice to go to a large, well-organized event.  And, before we left, Weston rode the cow train.  Yes, this is the cow train.  It's pulled by a tractor.  (Weston, try to control your enthusiasm a little.  You're getting too worked up, son!!!) 

Anyway, the next day, Weston was SO excited to search for his Easter basket!!  First he helped Cole find his: 

...and then he tracked down his own!! 

Last year, we inadvertently started a tradition that the Easter bunny brings a basket of goodies, plus a wrapped gift.  (Only one.  He's not Santa.  He doesn't have a sleigh.  Just his wimpy little bunny arms.)  Weston was excited about his new pirate ship toy, and the little treats and toys in his basket: 

Cole's basket was a little more limited; he just got a couple little toys, a Star Wars board book, and two packages of yogurt melts (his cocaine). 

His wrapped toy was a spinning... uh... thing that talks and plays music.  (Thank you JBF!  I love being able to buy used toys for baby.) 

HAPPY EASTER!!!

(Um, that was the end of the Easter portion.  Please enjoy these adorable pictures of Cole during our brief intermission.) 


Aaaand we're back!  Guess what... Weston started tee-ball this week!!!  Oh my goodness, I'm so glad we signed him up for it.  He's not only getting experience with sports and friendshipping (always good), but Tim and I get to watch a whole bunch of little preschoolers running around, all cute and all, with no idea what's going on.  The whole thing is just... PRECIOUS.

Up to bat:

Focused on running home: 

Waiting for that fly ball!  (He's going to be waiting a long time.) 

Cole spent most of the time blowing raspberries in the stroller: 

Aaaaand you never get enough of that hey-there's-a-ball-coming-what-should-I-do insanity:



HOORAY WESTON!!!  We're so proud of our tee-baller. :-)

6 comments:

Lauren said...

I'm totally feeing you on not knowing what to blog these days. The twins' 400th time to the zoo probably isn't as exciting to anyone else. And it's either that or , "this is what they look like watching tv."
But t-ball, that's some serious blogging material. Maybe we should sign them up just for that.
And, the cole intermission was just too cute for words. Thanks for coming back!

Abbie said...

Can I pay you to write my blog? PLEASE!! Things like "Speaking of frenzied explosions of unbridled avarice" send my into a literal LOL-A-THON. You are so funny!! And smart and beautiful and THOSE CHILDREN!! Can I have one? You have two, I just want one. I'll take either.

Now COME VISIT MEEEE! And we'll eat Magnolia.

daMawma said...

Congrats to you and Tim for picking a better venue for egg-hunting than last year. This place obviously had enough to satisfy everyone (even Cole, with his charming smile). I have never watched a t-ball game. Your description of it, however, is hilarious! I guess every great sports star started out under similar conditions. Too bad we're so far away in PA, or we would be on the sidelines cheering the boys along. Miss youse!!

James Cramer said...

That is really funny how Cole was so entertained by just bonking the eggs together for 10-minutes, lol. I'm so glad that Weston started tee-ball. Mom and I were joking about the scenario of 3-5 year olds playing tee-ball. A kid hits the ball, then turns to parents thinking 'what do I do now?' Parents say 'Run!' Then he takes off down the middle of the field. 'No, no' the parents say 'run to the base,' 'oh' he thinks and takes off towards first base, lol.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Your perception is correct and we can see, bog and what you can bring to it is how realistic recognition and value of information. friv 3