Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Chillin' Out, Maxin', Relaxin' All Cool and All




Actually, any "chillin' out" and "maxin'" that we're doing out here is definitely NOT "cool and all" right now. IT'S HOT!!! Temperatures have gotten into the high 90s, and perhaps low 100s, in Pasadena over the past few days, so we've got our A/C chugging away in the living room all afternoon and evening. Fortunately, it becomes pretty pleasant outside after about 7:00 PM, so Tim decided to take advantage of it this week by rigging up his old hammock from Brazil in our front... er... "concrete area." (We don't actually have a front yard. We have a concrete and brick walkway, and then a concrete wall. Charming, yes.) So, here are some photos of Timmy in his awesome hammock, reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, and eating peanut M&Ms, and looking very much forward to the end of classes this week. (I'm always so impressed when he does handy-man type things. I don't really remember how I used to manage before I got married. I think I used to be a heck of a lot more self-reliant, though.) You'll notice our periwinkle-colored car, Cloud, parked along the street in the background.

I'm off to Girls Camp this evening for the last two nights of it. Hooray!! My responsibility is to act as one of the official photographers, but I've heard that all the other unofficial photographers are taking tons of pictures anyway, so I'll probably mostly just relax and enjoy the trees and the mini-vacation from work.

Oh, and Tim and I have an exciting adventure coming up on Saturday the 25th, after I get back from a business trip to the Black Hills: we're making the four-hour trek to Las Vegas to visit the newest Cafe Rio establishment!! Yes, a Cafe Rio finally opened within a somewhat reasonable drive-time of Pasadena (the next closest restaurant is five hours away in Arizona). Tim and I fell in deep, eternal love with Cafe Rio during our three-year stint in Provo, and we've missed it ever since we left Utah. Alas! Come next Saturday, it'll be Cafe Rio or bust!!! I can't wait. This has the makings of becoming the highlight of my month. (Is that sad?) Tim always gets the pork burrito, enchilada-style with red sauce, and I always get the Cafe Rio salad. Mmm... delicious, warm, cheesy tortilla... creamy tomatillo dressing... lettuce, tomatoes, rice, beans, oh my! And those perfect little tortilla crunchies... :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm just wondering if that hammock would hold two people for some snuggle time....

Becky said...

Hi Jean!
Looooooong time no see! It's Becky Ruby....remember me??? I don't know how else to get in touch with you at the moment, except your mom sent my mom your blog site. I've had a blast reading some of the stuff you all have been up to. We have a blog too, (www.aaronbecky.blogspot.com)if you have some time and want to read something really, and I mean really interesting! We should catch up sometime! My email is beckysjohnston@gmail.com.
Hope to chat soon...if not, I'll just keep reading your amazing comments on your blog.
Miss you!
Becky

Liz Johnson said...

MMMMMM CAFE RIO. You guys should open up the Pasadena franchise!! You'd be suprillionaires.

Also, I did NOT know that you are a Renthead. Seriously. Separated at birth. We should plan a get-together full of AD, Colbert, Rent, and the like.

Lillian said...

You are making me hungry for Cafe Rio with all that talk of pork and salad and creamy tomatillo dressing. I am drooling right now. I LOVE that you are making a 4 hour trip just to go to that restaurant, because Matt & I would do the same!
How did you guys enjoy the Deathly Hallows? Great book, I thought.