Monday, August 6, 2007

Kailyn Has Arrived!

HOLY COW! Not three weeks ago did we become an aunt and uncle to little Killian, and now we've become double-aunt and double-uncle (duncle?)!!! Kailyn (pronounced KY-lin) was born on the evening of Friday, August 3rd, in Maryland, at about 7 lbs. and 19 3/4 inches long. We hear that she's "very, very cute" with a head full of dark hair.

My half-sister Karen and her husband Jon started the adoption process perhaps 1.5 or two years ago, and were finally able to adopt Kailyn this weekend. Although the final paperwork still needs to go through (which will take another week or two), the sweet birthmom relinquished Kailyn to them outside the hospital (which boded very well), and the adoption becomes quasi-official today. HOORAY!!! Karen and Jon are staying with a friend in Maryland, and last night was their first night "home" with baby. My parents are going to drive down from PA to visit their granddaughter this week, and give her lots of coos and cuddles.

CONGRATULATIONS, KAREN AND JON!!!

I'll post pictures as soon as I get some. Now I have a nephew and a niece!!! I STILL HAVEN'T MET THEM, THOUGH!!! I can't wait. :-)

1 comment:

dana said...

That is so cool! I'm so happy for them! And fun for you guys too.
Wow, lots of "k" names going around....