Thursday, November 8, 2007

I Can't Say the Word "February"

I have a problem. I can't say the word "February." I've never been able to say it correctly, I don't think. But now I'm expecting a baby in February, and people ask me all the time when he's due. Usually when I say it, it sounds like a bizarre, slurred version of "Februhry." It's only when I really, truly focus on all four syllables (Feb-yoo-air-ee) that it sort of sounds normal. Apparently my lack of interest in learning the correct pronunciation when I was a child is now coming back to bite me. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hygiene & Tim --

Not to worry! We are just telling all our friends it's a "Valentine's Baby"....Have you also figured out how to pronounce "Perpetual Motion"??

daGrannyMawma

Shanell Farr said...

hey jean! this is shanell farr from the ward! i dont know if you remember me... but i just wanted to say congratulations on the boy! thats so exciting!