Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Panera: La Bakery-Cafe Magnifique

I'm thrilled to announce that a new Panera has opened in Pasadena!!! I was first introduced to this scrumtrillescent bakery-cafe in Ohio, and a few years later, another Panera happened to open near my hometown in PA, which was just delightful. However, there haven't been any Paneras in this neck of the woods... UNTIL NOW!!! Tim and I went for lunch today, and it was aaaahhhh-some. How can you go wrong with trendy warm colors, plentiful seating, fresh-baked breads and pastries, muy delicioso sandwiches, soups, and salads, and free Wi-Fi??

Fortunately it wasn't too busy, but we got there around maybe 1:45, so I guess the lunch crowd had thinned. (After we ordered, we managed to score the only available booth, as they were apparently in high demand. But don't worry, the tables are fine and comfy too.) After a little bit of careful consideration, Tim ordered a tasty foccacia sandwich (which came with crispy chips), and I got a half-sandwich/half-salad combo (which came with a chunk of their warm and crusty French loaf). I also highly recommend the soup-in-a-bread-bowl, and they also make wicked-awesome bagels and spreads (I adore the French Toast bagel or Cinnamon Crunch bagel with Honey Walnut).

Anyway, in honor of this newest Panera franchise, I would like to formally set aside today as a day of MONUMENTAL CELEBRATION. Yaaaaaay Panera! If you live in Pasadena, and you're EVER considering going to Panera for lunch but you're trying to find a buddy, well my friend, you know who to call. :-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes! Broccoli and cheese soup in a bread bowl. How sweet you were to fetch our orders and deliver them back to our motel room in Cincinnati...good daughter! Now Tim can fetch for YOU. daGrannyMawma

Lisa said...

Wow. I've never been there but now I REALLY want to. Mmmmm...

dietcokegrrl said...

Hey! I've been there twice, once in West LA and once in Rancho Cucamunga and both times were so yummy!!

I am soooo sick of Corner Bakery and this is a great alternative. I'm glad they have finally opened one in Pasadena--I'll definitely call you for lunch!

megan said...

MMmm...I want to try! I actually saw the bakery a few days ago and wondered if it was any good. Thanks for the review! You've convinced me :-)

dana said...

um...French Toast bagel??
I'm going there. Just for that...and then some...