Friday, November 30, 2007

Mmm... Dextrose Beverage...

Hurrah, I'm in my third trimester now -- the HOME STRETCH! I'm also on the two-week installment plan for appointments now, instead of monthly appointments. Yay for the slightly more imminent arrival of Tadpole-Leonard! (FYI, we finally ordered a crib and changing table for him last night; until now, we were just planning on letting him sleep in a laundry basket with a pillow in the bottom. We'll probably get around to rearranging our whole apartment to make room for his nursery within another few weeks, now that it seems like he's really actually going to be here soon.) (Oh, and I was kidding about that laundry basket thing! Haha... ha. Please don't call DSFS.)

Tim and I headed to another doctor's appointment this morning, during which I drank a delicious beverage for my glucose screening test, to check for gestational diabetes. It was a small glass bottle that said "Dextrose" on the side, which I had to drink in five minutes. I can't complain at all though, because the bottle was nice and chilled, and it tasted just like sweet orange soda, with carbonation and everything. My compliments to the bartender! (Probably some huge pharmaceutical company.) Anyway, I drank it down, and after waiting another 15 minutes, my doctor came in for a brief check-up, and then it was back out to the waiting room for the rest of the hour-long wait period before my blood was drawn.

Since I've gotten into the habit of taking belly photos in three-week increments, here is the latest installment at 28 weeks:



That belly of mine is certainly starting to fill in!! People stare at me now, I guess because I'm pretty obviously pregnant. But, really, I can't blame them, because I stare at pregnant women too. It's just so fascinating! Anyway, remember when I wanted so badly to be "showing"? Yeah... Tim and I realized this week that - y'know what? - my belly is going to be HUGE by the end. :-)

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh, you look so beautiful Jean! And I take it back, you definitely are showing, and you look fabulous!!

It's good to hear that that glucose drink wasn't bad--I take it in one week... :/

Lesley said...

What a great belly! I'll be this is the only time your little guy will ever wear pink.

Lillian said...

I remember that orange crush drink. Mine was nice and chilled, too. Jean you look so cute pregnant!

Anonymous said...

I see a "shelf" now! That will become an unconscious resting place for your hand for those final months. You just can't help it; it's so THERE and so maternal.
-daGrannyMawma

Jay said...

Yeahhh!! Man, Leonard is almost here! Dana and I are super excited to see you guys, it should be an awesome Christmas!

Brooke said...

so cute! Man, I didn't enjoy that drink as much as you did. But it wasn't as bad as everyone said either.

dana said...

You look so cute! Congrats on the bi-monthly appointment status. I've just moved to once-a-week and feel really privileged :).
And I'm glad you enjoyed the glucose drink. Mine was orange also, though there was no carbonation. I must have had the McDonalds orange drink version.
I'm happy Leonard now has a bed!