Sunday, March 2, 2008

Flashback: Weston's First Moments

So, we're doing well! After two long, frustrating, sleepless nights on the first two nights, we actually had a decent night last night, thanks to "Happiest Baby on the Block" (thank you Laura!!). Weston managed a three-hour block of sleep at one point! So, I'm feeling a little more refreshed today, and I decided to update our blog with photos from the past several days.

This was the "leaving for the hospital" picture. I have NO idea how I managed a smile and thumbs-up, because I was in the midst of some pretty severe contractions (about two minutes apart, and about 60-90 seconds long). After this photo, as Tim and I were leaving the house, we had to stop along the walkway to the car for another big contraction, and I held onto him and tried to sway and endure. The contractions continued on the way to the hospital, and I felt EVERY SINGLE TINY BUMP on the road. :-)
YAY EPIDURAL!! This is a much happier picture, because I'd just gotten my epidural. Wow - I became a different person.
Tim kickin' it in the Dad Chair.
Playing Nintendo DS to pass the time.
Newborn Weston!!!
Our second meeting (after he was placed on my chest initially).
Me and baby and the doc. (Not my regular doctor, incidentally, but I loved him.)
Hooray! We're a family!

12 comments:

Abby said...

I'm so glad someone recommended "Happiest Baby on the Block" to you! My little sister LOVES it.

And glad to hear you got some sleep last night after a rough start!

Lesley said...

I am so glad you posted all those pictures! It was so fun to see more of your little family. I adore your Weston.

Is Happiest Baby on the Block the 5 S's? I love those. Worked like a charm for Ian until about 7 months! Awesome.

Wendi said...

He is such a cute little guy! It was super fun to see all the pictures. I'm just so happy for you guys!

Tiff said...

So..... we would love to see him! We're just waiting to hear from you guys when YOU'RE ready for visitors; so don't think we're just sitting over here forgetting about you. Just waiting for you to feel... "comfortable?" That can't be the right word because Malia's 2 and I'm still disheveled.

He's SO CUTE!!!

daMawma said...

Jean, in your photo "me and baby and the doc" it looks like Weston is smiling too! Maybe he figured out that he had just won the Mommy Lottery. What a happy Little Guy.

Liz Johnson said...

Awwwww I love it! I'm so glad you got more sleep!! You guys look great.

Lisa said...

You guys are so awesome at documenting your lives--like the "We're on our way to the hospital so smile and give thumbs up!" picture :) Love it!!

And I love that you were playing Nintendo DS :) I've already packed cards and several DVD's, including the complete collection of The Office.

Headle said...

I love these pictures!! Keep them all coming!

Weston was meant to be a part of your family! I can just feel it :) He is SO HAPPY to be with you both now! Wow, he's genuinely a LUCKY little boy!!

We are so proud of you guys!! You are already a beautiful family :)

hilary w said...

Wow...I loved the day-by-day pictures! And I am so happy to hear you are finally getting some rest. I remember with Jack the first two or three nights we got NO SLEEP! But luckily it gets better! You two are so capable and smart...you'll have the sleep thing mastered in no time!

MC said...

Tim and Jean -

Little Weston is so cute! Congrats to both of you from Rose and I. Looking forward to meeting the little guy when you're in town. MC

Lillian said...

I'm so glad you posted all these pictures. Weston is really such a beautiful little baby. I wish we could visit! I'm glad you got some sleep!

Janelle said...

Okay, so I haven't checked blogs for a while, so I know I'm late in saying this, but...CONGRATS!!!! Weston is a CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTIE! Seriously, cute, cute baby boy you have there! We're so happy for you!