Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Nooooo!!

Genghi left this morning. (Sob... sobsobsobsob... sniffle... snifflesniffle.) Looks like ol' Tim and Jean are on their own now! Anne Marie was such a HUGE help while she was here, though - she did our laundry, cooked us dinner, cleaned up after dinner, cleaned our bathroom, held the baby countless times so that we could do thinkably simple things like shower... etc. etc. She also gave me lots of clever tips and advice. What a great Genghi and a great help. WE LOVE YOU!!! (Come back...!)

Anyway, on Sunday (prior to Genghi's departure) the four of us had Sunday Picnic in the park. It was Weston's first picnic, and it was also a wonderful time in the beautiful Southern California sunshine for Mommy and Daddy. Here are some highlights:




Then last night, we went to the Cheesecake Factory to celebrate Tim's birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TIMMY!!! We had a really enjoyable time at the restaurant, and we enjoyed delectable fare. (Did you know that they make a Navajo taco-style sandwich there? It has chicken and other things in it, instead of typical taco ingredients, but it's awesome. I love fry bread.) Naturally, we all ordered cheesecake for dessert, and the waiters came over and sang Happy Birthday to Tim. It was magical. (In part because Weston slept the whole time! Yay loud music and general restaurant din!!)



12 comments:

Liz Johnson said...

Happy Birthday Tim!

I'm so sorry that Genghi had to leave. I miss her on your behalf. It looks like you're doing GREAT though! You look fantastic!

Lesley said...

You DO look fantastic. And your picnic sounds so fun.

Thank goodness for a wonderful mom-in-law's help! I know you guys will get along swimmingly on your own though. You Andersons sure are wonderful.

Brooke said...

James also always slept in really loud places like restaurants.

dana said...

sounds like fun adventures! And you look like your normal smiley Jean...no matter how much sleep you (don't) get, you look totally lively!
and um, cute blanket! I'm glad weston prefers the owls.

La La Land said...

It's hard when your help leaves! But, you can do it! Call me if you need anything...

P.S. You look great!!!!

Nat said...

good for you going out and about! it's so scary at first. anyway, you look great and Weston is the cutest!

Lisa said...

Wow, Jean, you look absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!! You are amazing.

I'm so sorry that Genghi has left, but you can do it! I just adore all the pictures you took, and I'm impressed you went so many places!

Lisa said...

P.S. Cheesecake Factory is my favorite restaurant, and I didn't know about that Navajo Taco sandwich. I love Navajo Tacos, and I burned my wrist really bad making them once so I'm banned, so now I really need to go!!

daMawma said...

Genghi is a treasure. Anyone who has raised 6 of her own successfully is a font of baby knowledge. Now the torch is passed to you, and you will do just fine.

Lillian said...

Happy birthday Tim! What a great place to go to celebrate.

Little Weston is just perfect. He is so adorable. Thanks for posting all the pictures so we can see him~ we feel like we are there.

Shanell Farr said...

its always rough when the mom leaves... but you'll get the hang of if!

Headle said...

I love the sprinkling of chips on his blanket during your picnic!! Looks like Weston is already eating solids--I knew he was going to be a genius!! :)

No doubt Tim's mom added lots of fun to the mix, and I'm sure she will be missed!! Luckily, she's left Weston in GOOD hands--You and Tim are already pros :)