Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Three Weeks Old!

Wow, three weeks old??!! That's almost six months old!! (Haha.) Seriously, where did the itty bitty newborn go? Weston looks a lot more like a baby now than a bright red, wrinkly little newborn. Fortunately he's a good eater, so he's starting to get some chunk on those skinny little extremities.

Tim and I have discovered that we really like to go out to eat with the Tadpole, since the jiggling and vibrations of the car ride always put him to sleep so easily, and then the noise of the restaurant keeps him asleep. Last night we went to this place called Souplantation (aka Sweet Tomatoes), which is aaahhh-some. It's part cafeteria, part buffet, but it's all about the huge salad bar, soup bar, and bread/muffin bar. So, they have lots of healthy options like fresh vegetables, fruits, and whole-grain bread, and also (of course) lots of delectable unhealthy options like potato salad, corn chowder, and chocolate brownie muffins, hahaha. Yum. So, it was delish (they have the BEST broccoli salad and corn muffins), and it gave me and the Hub some much-needed talky time. :-) We haven't ventured out to many other places besides restaurants and the doctor's office with the little guy (oh, and short walks around the neighborhood), but we're perhaps thinking about maybe starting to consider contemplating going to church on Sunday (since it is Easter Sunday, after all). We'll see how Saturday night goes, though, heh heh.

Anyway, here are some photos from Weston's third week on the planet. This is me, going out on the town mom-style! (In other words, walking the neighborhood, or walking to the Rite-Aid that's 15 minutes away so that I can make some irrelevant purchase.)
Weston's first bathtub bathtime!! He seems to cry in the beginning, then whine a little, then get used to it, and then cry again:
Here's the "getting used to it" stage:
And the adorable, crazy-eyed conclusion to bathtime:
Music hour with Daddy (more like music three-minutes):
This is a scene that one witnesses all too often in our apartment -- Mommy or Daddy dozing completely upright while holding the Tadpole (well, while half-heartedly holding him, given the drastic angle of his head, hahaha):
Autobots, Transform and Roll Out!! (Is it any shocker that Tim took this photo?)
What a face!! (My friend Laura made this little T-shirt for Weston, since he was born in the Year of the Rat. If you can't tell, it's a little rat on the front. So cute!)
Super-happy cutie-patootie cuddle time:
Hahaha... and this is Sad Weston, when he turns bright red and his little head veins bulge out and he screeches like a banshee (is it wrong that I took a picture of this?):

10 comments:

Liz Johnson said...

Hahahahaha some of my favorite baby pictures are the ones of Connor screaming his head off. I LOVE that last one. That cracks me up. :)

You look FANTASTIC by the way. How did you lose the baby weight that fast?!

Brooke said...

You have an adorable baby! It looks like you and Tim are surviving.

dana said...

Um, that was your first time going to Souplantation??? I love that place. But casey thinks it's over-priced for lettuce and muffins. Haah. So I go with my sisters and girlfriends. And yea, I think their owned by the same company as Sweet Tomatoes (which is a cuter name).
LOVE the pictures! Love the rat and transformer shirts. Real cute.
Glad you're get out and going to Rite Aid. Those are my Target trips...just an excuse to get out of the house. Totally needed.
Okay, so I think we may have to come see you tomorrow instead of today. I'm such a slacker! sorry.

Tiff said...

Um, I won't comment on the fact that you feel guilty for taking one picture of him crying... ok, I will... because we have, like, 50 of Malia crying.

So.... we need to come visit... maybe this weekend? We wanted to last weekend but Dave's grandparents showed up. GRRRR.

Does Tim still have things on Saturdays? (why am I putting this all in a blog comment? I'll e-mail you instead)....

Lisa said...

Oooo hooray for updated pictures! Weston is such a cutie :) And seriously, you look fabulous! We need the secret!!

I'm never very into the Soup-and-Salad restaurants--I feel like I'm getting a lot of pre-dinner and not a lot of dinner. Just shows you what kind of an eater I am, and why I won't lose my baby fat as fast as you are!!

Rena said...

Your pictures are making me so baby hungry--Dave is going to have to block me from reading your blog from now on. I especially love the picture of Jean and Weston sleeping upright. We have a kajillion pictures like that with Kate. It really does get easier...I promise. We love Souplantation, too! It's probably the restaurant we've eaten at the most since moving to so cal (though it doesn't hold a candle to Cafe Rio).

Headle said...

You and Tim are already pros!! I'm very impressed with all your cool baby gear, and the fact that you are getting out so much!

Weston is one good lookin', lucky little baby to have such awesome parents!! :)

I think the crying picture is cute!! And yes, Jean...you look BEAUTIFUL!!!

Lesley said...

Awww! I love the crying picture too. : ) Don't tell Weston we all enjoy it so much.

He looks so cute all tucked into your Bjorn!

I was also born in the year of the Rat. How flattering.

GordonandChrissy said...

He's such a sweet little baby!

Kizzycakes said...

my kids are LOVING the autobot onesie!