Monday, June 30, 2008

Summer, Summer, Summertime! Ooooooo Summertime!

I decided to take my own advice in my last post (about getting out more) and have a fun weekend outdoors. Tim and I headed to the Universal Citywalk (the Downtown Disney of Universal Studios Hollywood) on Saturday morning.

Here's Tim, glowing white in the mid-morning sunshine:
And here's Jean, next to the giant spinny globe thingie:
The Citywalk is actually this really fun shopping and dining area; it's also fun to just walk around and enjoy the cool environmental design:
The giant King Kong, dangling over the walkway:
A large courtyard area with trees and fountains (complete with children in bathing suits -- an idea to remember when Weston is older and a swimming pool is nowhere to be found):
On Saturday night, my husband and I had a little role-reversal, and I went to a Dodger's game, while he stayed home with the baby. (What a sport.) The Dodgers beat the Angels 1-0, and it turned out to be one of the weirdest games in recent history. Here's the ballpark:
The stadium:
We had AWESOME seats (thanks Jacob!). Here's the team:
The girls (Tak, Jean, and Ciana):
And the lovebirds (Jacob and Tak):
Then on Sunday, Tim and I decided to try out the new grill, so we threw together an impromptu BBQ with a couple of Tim's school friends. The grill's heating up:
Work it, Tim, work it! (I love your manly body structure and the manly way that you engage in the world of men!! Haha.)
Tim (the other Tim), Steve, Tim (the real Tim), and Weston.
Check out The Other Tim's massive burger. The Real Tim is quite the griller, I must say. I am delighted.
Look at the wee little baseball bum!! (Thanks Uncle Joe!)
Anyway, on a totally different subject, Weston has been especially cute lately, in that he recently discovered his toes, and now he tries to grab them every time he lies down. I attempted to capture a picture, but he's only partially touching his toes here:
Here's a slightly better picture:
He also loves to stick his two fingers into his mouth and gag himself. Sounds like a strange behavior, right? Well, we'd be confused, if Tim hadn't also done it when he was a baby. Supposedly, it's okay for babies because it teaches them cause and effect. ("...Hmm. Stick my fingers down my throat... gag. Stick my fingers down my throat... gag. I think I'm getting it...") I tried to capture a picture of this too, but one of Weston's fingers popped out right when I took it (oh well):
We're looking forward to a fun summer-with-a-baby. Unfortunately, the temperature is back up in the 90's this week! Boo!! (I was saying Boo-Urns!) So, I guess we're looking forward to a fun, stinking hot summer! Yaaaay.

10 comments:

chartie said...

A. Thank you for the title reference to DJ Jazzy Jeff
B. That's cool that you were at that Dodgers game. I was reading about it online yesterday.
C. Mmmmm . . . burgers . . .

dana said...

Wow, you had really good seats to the Dodger game. Score!

Lesley said...

That burger looks gourmet. I am very impressed.

I loved your description of gagging teaching cause and effect. "...I think I am getting this...!" :)

I am glad to see Tim is also teaching Weston how to properly engage in the world of men.

josh said...

Jean,

(I discovered a link to your blog in an old email - I'm glad I did! Wes is cute!)

Frankly, I think Tim got lucky. Watching baseball: 3 minutes of action, 4 hours of sitting in uncomfortable seats eating peanuts. It was just for such occasions that TiVo was invented.

Tiff said...

Ok... so are you going to reTURN to Citywalk to come see me in the contest that I'm in beCAUSE of you...??!!! ;)

lyndsey said...

great to know you are a fellow band geek! (i don't admit that to many people these days ;) so i'm not sure i've ever even officially met you but i have checked out your blog, and i think weston is adorable, so thanks for the shout out on the ward blog. can't wait to be real friends with you :)

daMawma said...

Congrats on getting yourselves a charcoal grill. Tim will quickly become a grillmaster, having learned from his father and Uncle Joe. Superb!

Headle said...

I feel like my summer is twice as fun because I get to pretend I'm in California doing all the Cali things with you too!!! :P

West is sooo cute!!! I love the baseball bum! :)

Wendi said...

Looking at that burger is making me SO hungry! And your seats were awesome at the baseball game! You guys really did have an exciting, fun filled weekend. Way to go!

Liz Johnson said...

Jean, you are so fascinating. I love the way you rave about the manner in which Tim engages in man-practices, such as the wielding of a spatula. It brings a ray of sunshine to my life.

I really like Tak's hair. Seriously. Those colors are really pretty and it makes me want to dye my hair. Think of all the looks I'd get at a Utah County Costco. I'd loooove it. :)