Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Belt It, Girl!!!

Editor's Note: This post is especially for all our friends from the Fightin' 148th at Wymount who happen to know Tiffany! :-)

So, you may have heard that Tiffany qualified as a semi-finalist in the Wannabe Wicked competition at Universal CityWalk in Hollywood. Yaaaaaay Tiffy!! Well, tonight was the second of five semi-finalist performance nights, and Tiffany sang her two-minute segment along with nine other semi-finalists. And guess what?!! SHE TOTALLY QUALIFIED FOR THE FINALS!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAY TIFFY!!!

Seriously, you should've seen her. She was sporting her new 'do along with a bright green and black ensemble (a la Elphaba) with the words "Green Babies Rule!" across her preggo-belly. (And believe it or not, one of the other singers was also pregnant! Hah! How 'bout that.) Anyway, I waited off to the side of the stage with Dave and Malia, while Tiffany and the other semi-finalists were called up and introduced. And guess who somehow drew the short straw and got to perform first?! Yes, our Tiffany. (She actually told me that she was worried about going first because she didn't know what to expect from the other contestants. As if she needed to worry... seriously. How humble is that one.) :-)

Anyway, SHE ROCKED IT. She sang her two-minute bit of Wizard and I, and as usual, her voice was incredibly strong and vibrant. She hit the notes perfectly and held them (nay, BELTED them) like the pro that she is. I can't really describe how good a singer she is (check out her blog... maybe she'll post the video that Dave took), but I always get goosebumps when she sings. I think she blew everyone away, and I think she was the perfect one to start the show because she drew so many other shoppers and spectators over to the stage!! (Does it sound like I have a crush on Tiffany? Haha, I don't. Well, maybe just a voice crush. Dang, if I had pipes like that!!)

And even though we totally expected it, we were thrilled when it was announced that she had qualified for the finals. Yaaaaaay!!! Now she gets to belt it out at the CityWalk again in the finals on August 20th!! Yaaaaaay!!!

Anyway, here are some pics from the evening:

The Wicked Mobile (Elphaba has a sweet ride)
The stage area
Dave and Malia
The shirt
Tiffany's grumpy face on account of the brief rainfall The crazy emcees with the ten contestants
The celebratory post-show family shot! Hooray!!!

12 comments:

dana said...

I'm digging her outfit! She's a cute pregnant lady.

Abby said...

Awesome! I'm so glad you got to go hear her sing. If only we lived a little (A LOT) closer....

I'm making my way over to Tiff's blog now to congratulate her! So cool!

Lalee Photography said...

Oh my gosh, she's so cute in her outfit!

Liz Johnson said...

WOOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM SO EXCITED FOR HER!!!!!! GO TIFFANY!!!! Aw man... I so wish I could've been there!

Dave... puh-lease post the video??

Headle said...

That's SOOOO AWESOME!!!! Jean, thanks for giving us the details! You are an awesome friend!!

I wish we could of all been there too!!! It sounds like she was AMAZING!! (Of course!) YIPPPEEEE!!!

Tiff said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, Jean!

You are the bestest friend EVER! (I'm a little embarrassed, but more than appreciative, nonetheless... you know how I feel about attention directed at me that I don't instigate myself....)

You are awesome for coming and supporting me.

You RULE!

And of course, if I were to win, you guys would be the first to get a set of free tickets to the show. :)

Wendi said...

Jean, you DO rule! Thanks for posting this! I look forward to seeing Dave's video of it on Tiffany's blog. I wish I could have watched the performance!

Loved the shirt too!

Keri-Ann said...

I'm so glad you posted this! I've been watching Tiffany's blog for an update (*nudge nudge, video please Nutters!*) No surprise she made it to the finals! We wish we could have been there with you guys! (By the way Jean, it's totally OK to admit you have a crush on Tiff... I think anyone who has ever heard her sing has a total crush on her... uhm, I mean, on her voice, yeah, 'cause that would be more appropriate.) ;)

Jean, your family is dear. Those are great pics of youir two favorite boys! I've had fun catching up on your blog! :)

Keri-Ann
PS- stop by ours sometime!
http://utahmamma.livejournal.com/

Ellsworth said...

Wow! I wish I could have been there! No surprise that Tiffany did great, she is awesome! I love her shirt and the new do!

Abbie said...

That is awesome! (however, I am totally NOT surprised). She is amazing!!! Go Tiff!!

Lillian said...

That is so cool about Tiffany, I'll have to check her blog to see the latest. I would have loved to have heard her.

S'mee said...

o.k. Coming totally late to the party, but this is really weird/cool/more like odd.

I was on Google reader tonight and your blog was on the "suggested reading" -I was bored, so I thought "why not?"

I'm reading and reading and then I see this post about Tiffany!!! Not sure if she even remembers me, but my daughters knows Tiffany and we all voted for her when we found out about the contest. I still don't know if she won, she should have, seriously, the other contestants had a few good singers, but she was the pro of the bunch by a long shot!

Anywho, just stopping by to say life is weird! If you see Tiffany tell her hi from Kaila and Katie's mom!