Monday, July 28, 2008

YAAAAAAY TIMMY!!!!

Tim's been doing a lot of freelance work this summer, and one of his projects was designing flight suits for DKNY, which is sponsoring the new Rocket Racing League (a new plane-racing sport set to premier at the Oshkosh AirVenture air show tomorrow).

So, his flight suit designs were recently featured in an MSNBC article! Click HERE to read it, and scroll down to see his flight suit for one of the teams! Hooray!!! (Apparently, the article was written like a week ago, but he just discovered it online today.)

Anyway, I can't believe that Tim designed something that's going to be bearing the DKNY label. Yaaaaay! I'm so proud of him and his other "design teammates" from Art Center. Way to go, you guys!!

Editor's Note: You can view Tim's flight suit design for another team by clicking HERE and scrolling to the bottom of the page!

Tim's Note: To give credit where it's due, the other members of the team were Jacob Sparks, Tim Coleman, and Paul Hamblin. They sketched suits and came up with some great concept paintings that I hope go public soon. Good job, guys!

6 comments:

Tiff said...

coolest. thing. ever.

/whispering excitedly a la' Buddy the Elf: "I know him! I KNOW him."

Liz Johnson said...

THAT IS AWESOME. Amazing, Tim. Seriously amazing.

Chris and I think you should design t-shirts for shirt.woot.com. They have weekly contests and the winners get a portion of the shirt sales (Chris gets quite a few of his shirts from here). You would rock it.

Abby said...

Awesome! Go Tim! I kept thinking of THE TRANSPORTER when I was looking at the design.... :)

Lisa said...

Go Tim! What a stylish dude.

megan said...

That's suhhhweeeeet!!! I'd be so stoked! Neither justin or I are very good at drawing...so, that makes it even cooler to me! Congrats to you both!

Headle said...

THAT'S AWESOME TIM!!! I'm soo glad that Jean posted that so we could all enjoy your success too!!! Way to go!!