Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Exploring in our Jammies

These days, Weston is only happy when he is holding onto our fingers and walking around the apartment. Around and around and around. Occasionally, he likes to grab onto the furniture or bang on the guitar or open a drawer or reach for a toy, but mostly he just likes to walk. So, I took a little video this morning. This is exactly what I do with Weston every morning after he wakes up and eats. We explore, and then explore some more, and then some more, all the way up until his morning naptime. Lots and lots of exploration taking place these days. (And lots and lots of back-breaking bending-over. What we parents endure for our oh-so-cute littles!) :-)

P.S. You may enjoy the very end of the video, when I accidentally let him topple a little. Haha! Oopsies.

10 comments:

Bridget said...

He's so cute! I am in LOVE with his hair. What a great mom you are to break your back like that . . . don't worry, it may seem like you'll be doing it forever but he'll be walking on his own in no time!

Liz Johnson said...

Your child is freaking adorable. And so is your hallway.

Lisa said...

Yeah, your hallway rocks.

He is such a pro at walking!! I can't believe how fast he is! Jonathan either just stands, or tries to jump, haha :)

And I LOVE that you still posted it even with the topple--if anyone denies that ever happening to them then they're lying :)

megan said...

I loveeee, but hate that stage. For the reason you just stated...it is hard on the back. But it's sooo fun too!! I can't believe he is doing that! What happened to the little baby? :-)

daMawma said...

Crawling is also an important stage for his neurological gross motor development. Demonstrating that is hard on adult knees! Take your pick...knees or lower back...your efforts are heroic. Weston is having a grand time of exploring. And you will be AMAZED at how fast that little explorer can actually move through space when he figures out that he can launch himself. Thank you for 32 seconds of smiles!

Abbie said...

That's killer on your back, but oh so cute.

Lalee Photography said...

hahaha! He is so cute! I cannot believe he's walking!! At first I thought he was sporting a tie with his jammies in the video, but then I saw it was his pacifier. :-) You should market your clip on pacifier for real! Also - I really like your hallway! :-)

Headle said...

Oh, little Weston is a mover and a shaker :D Its easy to tell that he is in HIGH heaven with his Mommy's full attention! SOOO sweet!!!

Dana Carlin said...

that's so cute! maybe he'll be walking by the time we go to Disney!!

Katie said...

I love your blog... I would never think to post something like that... super cute and what a fun memory to send to the grandparents!