Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Tim Alone Journal Entries


[DAY 4]

I’ve had a bit of a stomach ache today, and I’m not really sure why. I wonder if the milk that I’ve been pouring on my peanut M&M’s for breakfast is too far beyond its expiration date. I thought that diluting it with that melted ice cream would extend its shelf life, but maybe it wasn’t enough. I’m sure I’ll figure it out…

The last few days have gone well. I’ve pretty much just been commuting to work, working, and commuting home. It’s so quiet here, and I’ve been sleeping pretty well. The bed’s been kind of colder than usual, but I’ve got a plan to remedy that: I’m going to leave the front door open tonight. There are always cats and raccoons rooting through the garbage cans, and I’m sure one of them will be lured in by the can of tuna fish I’ve emptied onto Jean’s pillow. How could it resist a nice snack and a warm bed?


[DAY 7]

Well, I think I’ve gotten most of the raccoons out. That probably wasn't the best idea; they're very territorial. And did you know that raccoons snore? I didn't either. They’re a wily bunch, too. A couple of them holed up in the linen closet and I had to empty the whole thing to get them out. I think most of the spare toilet paper will be salvageable, but some of those towels are going to have to go.

Besides that, it’s been pretty uneventful. I’ve been playing Xbox, watching movies, playing dress-up… I can’t believe they’ve only been gone for a week! The silence is starting to get to m—what was that?! Hold on…

Turns out the scary box under the window was just the radiator. Whew! Anyway…

I’ve noticed that the food supplies are getting rather low. Usually around this time, the cupboards fill up again with food to eat and ingredients to make meals and such. I think I know what’s happening… The raccoons have laid siege to the apartment! They’re stopping the flow of supplies in an effort to starve me out. I’m not sure what I’m going to do, but if you find this journal entry, please tell Jean and Weston that I love them, and that I'm sorry for cramming 11 cookies into the VCR.


[DAY 9]

Apparently the raccoon siege is worse than I thought. What started as a blockage of food supplies seems to have expanded to include clothing as well. I noticed the other day that my supply of socks and underwear was dwindling. It didn’t alarm me at first—like the food, this happens often: they start to run out but are replenished in the nick of time. But I’ve suddenly found myself out of clean clothes to wear. It looks like they are trying to deprive me of the necessities of food, clothing and shelter. I can’t leave, or they’ll lock me out! I know that’s what they’re doing.

I’ve managed to craft a toga-like garment from the shower curtain, and it really brings out the blue in my eyes. I’ll soon be finished with my bathmat briefs, and then I think I’ll move on to a pillowcase loincloth. Who’d have thought I could be so resourceful? Now I’ve just got to figure out how I’m going to get to work without the raccoons taking over the apartment…


[DAY 11 - TODAY]

I now know that long time without make conversation with wife make my words go away. I talk to work people, but not same. Tim sound like Hulk. Ha ha. Tim make raccoons go away. Tim very smart. He tells them there are treats in laundry room and then locks them in. They not get my apartment!

I hope Jean and Weston come home soon. Tim miss family. Tim want make talk with wife and make words come back. So quiet and lonely here. Maybe I open door and let raccoons come back in again after all. Raccoons no talk much, but they listen. And scratch. Oh, heavens, the scratching…

Pray for Mojo.

16 comments:

Eric Hanson said...

No words....just laughing...

Liz Johnson said...

JEAN, QUICK! COME BACK BEFORE TIM GROWS A MANGY BEARD AND BEFRIENDS A VOLLEYBALL!!!

Tim speak in third person. Liz laugh at misfortune of Tim. Ha! Hahahahahahahahaha!

Lalee Photography said...

HAHAHAHAHA! Awww, Tim. Too funny! I hope they get there soon!

chartie said...

That's awesomely hilarious.

Don't worry, Tim. I know what you're going through. You can do it! Don't forget that the shower rod can also be fashioned into a kind of spear. Raccoon meat can help you survive through the lack of rations.

Jean said...

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uh-oh. Conditions (in both the apartment and in Tim's brain) have deteriorated more rapidly than I anticipated. Only three more days, Tim!!! Three more days!!! YOU CAN MAKE IT!!!

daMawma said...

Tim brain maniacal. Raccoon rampage eminent. Tell brain: NOT TODAY. Tell brain that 3 times. Jean make raccoons go. Jean make soup. Jean use soap on pillowcase loincloth. Jean sleep on tuna-stained pillow. Tim and Weston smile.

Headle said...

This is SOOO funny!!! Ahhh...its awesome!

Jean, I'm not sure you'll make the rest of the summer trips you have planned!!!

Brooke said...

Hilarious!

Lisa said...

I knew I had to check this out SOON, because John read it earlier and was laughing during the whole thing, and for a while after. I was not disappointed.

Tim. No invite raccoons. Bunnies happy.

Master Jeremiah said...

Tim dig hole. Hole have 3 inch diameter. Tim put silver spoon in hole. Tim tie spoon to bottom of hole. Racoon grab spoon. Racoon no get spoon. Racoon no let go. Tim kill raccon. Tim skin racoon. Tim wear racoon fur and eat racoon flesh. Tim fed and clothed. Racoon gone. Tim even make racoon puppet for friend.

James Cramer said...

Hey Tim, well hopefully my sister and Weston will be home soon so you won’t have to shack up with the raccoons anymore, lol. We are having a great visit with them. The second day they were here they stopped by my parents house and it was a lot of fun to see them. Weston is so big now and he is walking great. He has a fascination with our cats and chases them around whenever he comes over. He’s just a bundle of energy. My visiting with Jean has been a lot of fun too. Yesterday we went to Five and Below and she bought me a poker card and chip set and got some candy, then we went to Panara Bread and she got a bagel and cream cheese and I got a cinnamon bun and we got caught up. I hope the internship is going good, I can tell from your blog that you are very creative so I’m sure your doing great and if Philly has any good video game companies located here please consider moving here after graduation it would be great seeing you, Jean and Weston more. There is tons of stuff to do here, last Sunday I went to the Phillies game and it was awesome. A lady from the staff also took my picture and put it up on the Phillies website, you can see it at www.phillies.com/fanfoto, in gallery #18, DSC_0074. Anyway, I’ll ttyl and thanks for the great blog, I’ve read it like three times and it’s hilarious.

Jay said...

Tim, I hear them racoons be verrry tasty this time of yeeear! specially after fatenin up on some trash pickins...mmm..mmm.. I know I had me some delicious possum not too long back that was out of this world, just ask yer pa, he'll yell ya!

Jay said...

haha. shoot, i meant to say that yer pa will tell ya. However, he may yell ya. They just that dang goood!

megan said...

tim is funny!

Aubrey said...

I love the picture at the top! That dude has some sexy legs! *wolf whistle* haha Maybe I should make my blog like yours. Just put pictures of random old men. Whatever works, right? Oh dear, I just realized that my latest post has a picture of me at the heading. darn it. I'll remember it for next time! Miss ya tons Timtim. (Wendy misses ya too)

AEMAS said...

OMG Tim, just got caught up and that post made me laugh! Miss you. Miss Jean, miss hearing about Weston.