Monday, January 11, 2010

PA Holidays #2: HIBACHI!!!!

From now on, any time that one writes or says "hibachi," one must say it really drawn out, with great emphasis and lots of exclamation points. Because it is awesome. HIBACHI!!!!

Over the holiday, Tim and I had the wonderful opportunity to get together with some of our high school friends at a restaurant called Ooka Hibachi. YAAAAAAAY!!! (Don't you just love Facebook? I'm so glad that I ended up joining last year, because I've been able to get back in touch with some of my favorite people ever.) We went with these fine folks:

Mikey & Lauri (okay, okay, Mikey didn't actually go to high school with us, but we adore him, so he was an honorary North Penn grad that evening):
Lindsey/Webby & Jon:
Allison & Mike:
And yours truly, Tim & Jean:
It's amazing to see all the changes that we've all experienced since we graduated. We all went off to college; we're all married now; there's one child and two more on the way; ... and I was going to say that we all have careers and houses now, but that really only goes for everyone else but me and Tim. Hahaha! But we're working on it. :-)

This was my and Tim's first trip to a hibachi restaurant, and I discovered that we were in for a real treat. Our hibachi chef was wicked awesome!!! He balanced and tossed eggs:
He chopped and flipped and cooked like a whiz:
And he unleashed his pyro side for our enjoyment:
The only thing that he didn't do was toss vegetables into our mouths (which they supposedly do from time to time), but he made up for it by getting Mikey & Mike to drink from a sake bottle that was aimed at their mouths. It was really fun to watch them manage to drink from a super-long stream of sake! AHAHAHAHA! They are troopers.

Our chef was also fantastic because, holy schnikies, look at this bounty of Japanese goodness:
Mmmm!!! Tim and I split a California roll and a hibachi combo of shrimp and filet mignon. It was so tasty!!! At the end of the evening, we took some pictures and then exchanged lots and lots of hugs. What a hot group we are:
I adore these girls! I cannot even recount all the fun and crazy times we shared in high school. It was wonderful to get to relive that for an evening. :-) I MISS YOU ALL! Until next time!!!

6 comments:

Lisa said...

How fun!! I absolutely love HIBACHI!!!!!!!! (I had to do it as you said) So yum. We went last year for my birthday, and Jonathan was 10 months old and totally enthralled. It was a very peaceful dinner. Then we went about 4 months later, and he cried so hard when they poured oil and made the fire go--he was so terrified of that guy. :) So much for that plan!

Liz Johnson said...

HIBACHI!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorta like the guy on Iron Chef announcing it. Hahahaha. HIBACHI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You and all of your friends look hot!

Abbie said...

FUN! I love places like that, but the name is never that cool. HIBACHI! And with good friends from the past! Good times!

P.S. I've decided you, Jean (sorry Tim), have the greatest mouth in the world. I was looking at the pictures that I took of you and I thought "wow, she has a great mouth - smile, teeth, lips. That's a good looking mouth." Just thought you should know. If I ever need mouth reconstructive surgery, I'm bringing a picture of yours.

Lalee Photography said...

Yaaay! I had SO much fun with all the ladies (and gents!). I can't wait for you to come back to PA again Jean!! I miss you already! So sad. :-( I have to say thank God I have being pregnant as my excuse for that double chin action. LOL. :-)

Headle said...

What a fantastic group of friends!!! Its easy to tell how much fun you had together!

Japanese grills are always so entertaining! Your pictures are awesome...I'm always so excited to see where Jean is taking us this time! You are so much fun! :)

Hilltown House said...

Wow I didn't realize how many great pics you guys took (except me and Jon...we are the most un-photogenic couple in the world...at least we're consistent). We had such a great time with everyone!!! I love you girls and cannot wait for the next time we get to all go out.
Oh- taking Jean's advice I started our blog back up; it is now teamboehmke.blogspot.com. Not much there but I'm working on it!