Monday, November 29, 2010

The Results Are In!

Well, I had my appointment. And the doc did the ultrasound. And he told us what we're having.

It's a....

(Ready?)

(Really ready?)

(Here it comes...!)

BOY!!!!!!!!

"Brothers don't shake hands. Brothers gotta hug!!" (Name the movie!)

Hahaha! I'm really excited. It was completely obvious to the doctor, and to me. There was no question. Honestly, I knew it was going to be a boy. I had a feeling. When I was Black Friday shopping the other day, there were so many adorable little girl clothes for super cheap that I could've easily picked up and purchased. But, I kept telling myself, "Self, don't buy that. I really feel like it's a boy." And honestly, I'm relieved. I was SO convinced with Weston that I was having a girl that I distinctly remember feeling a tiny sting of disappointment. But, no tiny sting this time. I just keep thinking about how fun it will be to have two little buddies, and how SIMPLE everything will be (same room, same decor, same bedding, same clothes, same Halloween costumes, same toys, etc.), which is especially nice for our ongoing apartment lifestyle. Plus, so many of you have two (or more) boys, and they are so sweet, and I just really love that dynamic. (Not that I wouldn't love to include a girl, because they are seriously precious, too.) But I love the idea of having goofy, rowdy, burping boys who love Star Wars and sword fights!!

Anyway, it's soooo nice to know and to be able to say "he" and "his" now! (Even though I was pretty much doing that anyway.) Now we just need to dive into that super-fun process of choosing a name. :-) Whee! Let's hope that we can choose one as easily as we did last time! (It really wasn't that easy.)

15 comments:

Liz Johnson said...

YAY YAY YAY YAY DOUBLE TRIPLE YAY!!!! As a completely unbiased person, I think double boys (or triple, ha) are the best. I agree - it simplifies so many things, and the dynamic is just priceless. Prepare yourself for years of cars, trains, wrestling, and ER visits. :)

WELCOME TO THE DOUBLE BOY CLUB, ANDERSONS!!! Congratulations!!!!

The Hunt House said...

I'm soooo good! I knew it! Happy BOY Jean! I am so excited. Brothers gotta huh....TOMMY BOY. So funny. Hope you enjoy every minute.
Karla

Anne Marie said...

Gangy is thrilled! As a mom of 5 boys and now a grandmom of 4 boys, what else could be more natural? Like me, you are insuring that the Anderson name lives on...

Kendra said...

I called it! Woo hoo. Yay for boys! I used to really want a girl, and while I still do, I kind of hope my second is a boy as well. I think it will just be so fun to have brothers...and like you said, a lot easier. Congratulations!

dietcokegrrl said...

Congrats again! YAY for Tommy Boy! One of my favorite movies. I almost peed my pants from laughing so hard the first time I saw it--and if I had already had children at that time...I probably would have. :)

daMawma said...

Oh boy, oh boy, oh BOY! Smiles all around here at the Cramer household! I'll put the "pink frilly dress" dreams on hold until next time. I read it first on Facebook, then came here right away for more details. Your joy is contagious.

faith said...

Congratulations! (Although I'd be saying that even if it were a girl.) So many good things about two boys together. They'll have so much fun being brothers!

Lisa said...

Yay for another boy!!!! Awww, I wish all of our boys could get together and roll cars around. Someday, right?? Congratulations to the both of you!

Emily said...

Yay! love boys. That is fantastic. Can't wait to hear what you will name him!

B Brown said...

Double the trouble, double the fun :) Hooray for another cute-astic Anderson boy!

Headle said...

Congratulations Tim, Jean and Weston!! Another Anderson boy will make this world a happier place, that's for sure!

I can't wait to see Weston totting around with a little brother! He's going to be sooo cute!!!

sachia said...

Congrats Jean...that is soooo excited. Two in a row of the same sex is always a good thing.

dana said...

Did you swallow paint chips as a kid?
CONGRATS!!!
So fun! They will be the cutest little playmates. So happy for you!

gunnfam said...

Yepee!!! Two of the same gender is SO MUCH FUN! I hope you're feeling well, and good luck with everything!
-Sherri

hilary w said...

Congratulations! Jack and Grace are exactly 39 months apart, too, and I think it has been wonderful in a lot of ways. Jack was old enough to help himself with many things (eating, seat-buckling, getting dressed, etc). He was also a great helper! Of course, since he had three whole years of being an only child, he did take a couple of months to adjust (there might have been some pushing, squishing, and eye-poking going on!). I hope it goes smoothly for you!