Monday, January 7, 2008

I'm So Proud

So, as you probably noticed, Tim (of the Tim and Jean blog) wrote his first post below!! How wonderful of him. As he said, I am snotty and sickly and busy with work right now, and I implored him to contribute to our "mutual" blog on my behalf. Hooray!

We got back from PA with head colds, but we had such a fun time during our trip. I met my little nephew Killian for the first time! SO CUTE!!! I WANT ONE!!! My awesome friend Lauri did a pregnant photo shoot with me and Tim!! Sample photos will be coming soon. We had some Christmas parties and a wedding and a little baby shower with my PA peeps. And we ate TONS of Wawa soft pretzels, Tastykakes, and Asher's chocolates. Mmm... delicious Pennsylvania...

Anyway, I was going to quickly supplement Tim's post with a summary of baby tidbits.

Tidbit #1: Our apartment is all rearranged now! Well, we still have to hang up some photos and what not, but the baby's room has finally been vacated by its previous residents (me and Tim), and is now ready for the crib- and changing table-building process. Hooray! I feel excessively unprepared for a new baby still, but at least when his room is finished, he'll have a comfy little place to crash (and cry all night long).

Tidbit #2: My stomach has become amusingly lumpy of late. It's so amazing and unbelievable that there's a little, five-pound, independent being in there, who's constantly rolling around and poking out. Just over the past couple of weeks, we've noticed a lot more bony bumps protruding from my abdomen, which I haven't yet been able to identify. I'm thinking they've consisted of a heel, knee, and possibly bum, but I'm not totally sure. Crazy. Seriously, I never knew how crazy pregnancy was.

Tidbit #3: We had our hospital orientation and tour yesterday! I dragged myself away from my PJs and Kleenex for the 1.5-hour event at our local hospital, Huntington. And lemme tell ya... I have NEVER seen such a concentration of pregnant bellies, and I'm Mormon! There must've been 75 couples in attendance, with all the women visibly showing! It was wild. We had an informational meeting in the auditorium first, where I learned a couple of new things (such as the fact that after I get to spend an hour with our brand new little guy, he's taken away for his two- to six-hour checkup in the nursery, and after that, returned to us at our leisure). Good to know. After the meeting, we broke up into small groups for the tour of the labor and delivery area, the maternity area, and the main lobby. I was pretty impressed with the LDR rooms - they are warmly lit with private bathrooms and soft colors, and they basically look like small hotel rooms (that, we're told, can transform in a jiffy into more medical environments). Very cozy. So, overall, it was a fun and educational experience, and it made me realize that I'm actually having a baby. (Duh Jean.)

Only about six weeks to go now!! I just told Tim a few minutes ago that I hope little Tadpole-Leonard doesn't come early. I adore him and everything, and am absolutely thrilled to meet him, but we still have quite a few things to take care of. (And his increasingly strong movements are making me a little nervous!) So we'll see! :-)

5 comments:

Brooke said...

His movements are just getting stronger because he is running out of room. Don't worry too much. :)

Wendi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wendi said...

I always feel like I have a little alien inside of me when I'm pregnant. The independent movement is so weird. BTW, those Pennsylvania treats look like they would definitely be worth the drive down there... like right now!

Lesley said...

The baby exam takes two to four HOURS?! That's crazy!

It bet it is nice to be able to picture where you will give birth. I am counting down the weeks for you!

Headle said...

You are getting so close! I know your little guys is going crazy with excitment to meet you two. That's why he's always dancing around in there :)

Keep the details coming! YEA!