Thursday, January 24, 2008

Tadpole-Leonard's First Quasi-Head Shot!

He has a face! And it's a cute little smushed face!! I had my 36-week appointment today, and my doctor did an ultrasound to verify baby's position and make sure everything looks okay. And she snapped a picture of his little half-face! WILD! There's a real baby in there!!

So, that was pretty exciting. We were also thrilled to learn that his head is, in fact, down, and that his little heart (which beats at the top of my abdomen instead of the bottom) is, in fact, inside his chest in the proper place. The little guy supposedly weighs 5 lbs. 9 oz. now, but I'm sure he'll be putting on a lot of weight over the next few weeks. Less than a month now!! What? Really? Shocking! We're very excited. :-)

Here are some more of our recent life events:

This photo captured a very, very embarassing experience! Tim and I decided to try the Astro Orbiter ride at Disneyland, which we've never gone on before (because Tim thought it looked boring). You basically just get in a spaceship and fly around. Well, Tim and I obviously decided to ride the spaceship together, only to learn, after several moments of extremely awkward adjustments and painful squishing, that a pregnant woman and a husky grown man will NOT both fit into that little vehicle. So, Tim got out, and I rode the thing by myself. Whee.

Here's Tim being cute in Mickey's Toon Town (where we'll likely be spending much more time once T-L starts joining us on our little Disneyland jaunts).

This is Tim doing his wicked awesome art thing in our new "office" (a.k.a. the old dining room). FYI, we have no kitchen table now. Dinner on the coffee table, folks!

This is me, expressing my utter confusion at the crazy and complex gadgets that accompany babyhood. This Baby Bjorn carrier has so many straps and buttons and doohickies that every time Tim and I attempt to try it on, we give up in frustration moments later. (PS - That's our snazzy new stroller in the background! Thanks Anne Marie! It's ridiculously fun to push around and play with.) :-)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really can't make out where that little face is. I guess I will have to wait for a personal "meet and greet" later. Okay, what is your plan for getting to the hospital? And, what is your "alternate plan" for getting to the hospital? Tim, get your super-hero costume ready for that drive.

Abby said...

I couldn't make out his face either. :( You're getting so close!!! Woohoo! And hey, you need to have Tim take a picture of you from the side so we can really see that belly! :)

Anonymous said...

Onion rings! MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!! What!?????? A comment for the wrong post????? OK


Baby! MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!

Jean said...

Whoops! I should probably clarify where his face actually is! (Thanks for the heads-up!) It's in the upper portion of the ultrasound, leaning to the left at about a 45-degree angle. The curve of the side of his forehead is lighter-colored, and just below that is his closed left eye. His left cheek is just below his closed eye, and it's also sort of lighter-colored.

dana said...

Yay! Not much longer and Leonard will be here! We can't wait to meet him. And I'm glad you're getting all the baby gear situated. You'll be so glad to have a baby bjorn (and you'll figure it out soon enough). I used mine all the time and even more-so with Owen. I need my hands free!

Liz Johnson said...

I see it! And he is ADORABLE!

Tell Tim he needs to bring something to the hospital that will allow him to live-blog the delivery and birth. I want up-to-the-minute news.

dietcokegrrl said...

Cute baby face! I LOVE it!

Too funny about the Disneyland ride--Sammy LOVED that one when we went on it. Kind of a grown up Dumbo ride.

BTW, I have a Moby Wrap that is WAY better and much more user friendly than a Baby Bjorn--plus its easier on your back and more comfy for baby. Let me know if you want to try it--I LOVED it!

Lisa said...

Hooray, I can see it! Perhaps because I've had to decipher those things lately :) But that's so adorable!! Isn't it amazing when you get a shot that looks like a baby and not an alien? Really makes you realize that there is a person in there!

I'm with you, baby stuff is confusing. Luckily John has been assembling a lot of baby stuff at Target lately (for his job) so he gets it. Hooray!