Monday, March 16, 2009

Bragging

Would you guys indulge me for a minute? No one likes bragging, I know. Feel free to roll your eyes and/or dry-heave at my lameness. But I have something to share.

This is it, folks. THIS. IS. IT.

I am a Ranger First Class. 408,500.

This is the best score that I have ever gotten, and probably will ever get, on the Buzz Lightyear Astro Blaster ride at Disneyland. Tim and I have been studying the ride over the past few weeks, figuring out the best ways to aim and the best targets to aim for. And somehow, it all came together for me. Most of the credit goes to Tim, because he let me have the lefthand seat (better for shooting), and he held Weston on his lap so that I wouldn't be distracted. Plus, it didn't hurt that the ride stopped in one of the rooms, and that I was able to repeatedly shoot at a triangle (the highest value target).

Anyway, I'll shut up now. But in the future, I'll continue to do my best in the cosmic effort of defeating the Evil Emperor Zurg. Together, as teammates at Star Command, we can all make it happen.

And go away, "ZachD." You and your stupid score are ruining my celebration.

14 comments:

daMawma said...

Hey, Team Anderson, put Spawn of Team to work too on the scoring. Weston will probably be awesome with his Astro Blaster (as soon as he can see over the ride.

Lisa said...

Woohoo!!! I think I got like 10 points when we went. Me and aim aren't friends.

Brag to us any time you want :)

And also, I heart that picture. You guys are soooooooo focused, and then there's the little Weston head barely poking out :) I love it.

Deidra said...

Way to go. I love that you studied the ride for max points. How awesome!

Lesley said...

Way to go! I always knew there was a secret skill you were keeping from us.

sachia said...

OK...this is secretly our favorite game and thing to do at D-land. We have been on this ride way more than anything else. Brett is obsessed! I challenge you to a Buzz off one of these days. :))))

Headle said...

Jean,
That's so awesome! I can totally imagine you and Tim getting all into it! Way to go!!! Savor your sweet success!!! :)

Abbie said...

Very impressed, even though I have no idea what this is.

I too love the picture. I don't wonder how you got that score. I know. Look at that face. You are focused.

Brag as much as you want.

Nat said...

Nicely done!! I think last time I hit like 2 targets, so I can appreciate you're excitement- it's hard!

megan said...

you go girl! you have a right to brag :-)

i've never made it past level 2...but in my defense, i do always have a baby/child on my lap trying to play with the gun :-)

dietcokegrrl said...

YAY! I've still never done this...probably because I haven't been to Disneyland in about 2 years. So sad. But YAY you!! Congrats!

B Brown said...

I have to admit I'ma little jealous. That is a serious score! We went yesterday and I can vouch that having a baby can hurt your aim.

dana said...

UMMMMM. I'm super impressed! Now I'm starting to wonder if the ride broke down RIGHT when you were in front of Zurg.....
Hmmmm...
Totally cool!

James Cramer said...

Hey, Jean I'm ecstatically excited for your Ranger First Class status. I totally cracked up when you said that. Keep being awesome!

Emily said...

Way to go Jean! Thanks for your comments over the past couple weeks and how AWESOME is it that our babies share a birthday! Happy belated 1st birthday Weston!