Monday, March 9, 2009

Really Great Things

1. Citrus. I bought a huge thing of mandarin oranges at Costco on Saturday. They were in a mesh bag with a blue label that said "Cuties," and they were indeed too cute to pass up. I like them so much that I put them in a big bowl and took a picture of the bowl in the sunshine. Don't they look so yummy? Anyway, we now have a mandatory "One Orange Per Day" policy in our household. Oh, and if anyone in the five-county region feels the slightest cold coming on, then you know where to head for your vitamin C fix.

2. Ice cream. We scored a free ice cream at Cold Stone this weekend, thanks to the Timster's upcoming b-day. The best creation ever? Cake batter ice cream with cookie dough, chocolate, and caramel. Oooooooooohhhhhh yum. We brought our treats home and snuggled on the couch and ate it after Weston was in bed. I believe that the ice cream snuggle is the best snuggle around.

3. The Big Heads. I forgot to mention Weston's one-year stats: 24 lbs 10 oz and 31 1/4 inches long. Oh, and a 49.25 cm head circumference. After the pediatrician re-measured his head (which she always does because the nurse's measurement seems inaccurate), she remarked on its large size and asked, "Do you have a big head?" I said, "Um, I don't know, maybe. My husband kind of does." (It's true, we've chatted before about his giant noggin.) So, Weston has a big head. And so do Tim and I. You can now refer to our family as the Big Heads.

4. Dreams. A couple of nights ago I dreamt that I was friends with gingerbread and that we were hanging out. And I don't mean gingerbread men, or anything that even resembles a humanoid shape. No, I mean squares of gingerbread cake on a plate. We were friends, and we were hanging out, about to go somewhere. Yep.

5. Funny videos. First there's David, whose dad videotaped him just after a dentist appointment:



And then there's Chad (the lesser-known Vader), who was also videotaped after his dentist appointment:

11 comments:

dana said...

Great post, big heads!

Abbie said...

Hahaha. That 2nd video is awesome! Gingerbread? That is hilarious! I love dreaming about food, but I've never been friends with food other than food that was in my stomach. Cuties are soooo yummy. That's it. I'm going to go buy some right now.

Deidra said...

Chad Vader reminds me of Kevin from the Office. Too funny!

megan said...

you have big heads, we have small heads....
well, I don't...just my husband...and caden did...and now elijah oh well

fun post! we love those lil cuties too! have some on our table right now :-)

Liz Johnson said...

Jighead (Jean-BigHead), this post rocked. I almost cried laughing about your gingerbread square friends. And then when that first kid screamed, I lost it. HILARIOUS. You are my hero.

daMawma said...

How about posting a photo of Big Head Tim in a diaper on the kitchen floor eating a slab of HIS birthday cake? Mmmmmm. Weston shouldn't get all the attention.

dietcokegrrl said...

Great post! I love all the random update--and the videos seriously made me laugh out loud. I totally needed that today.

Headle said...

Jean, you are adorable!!! Those Cuties look SO GOOD!! Mmmm!!

Yea for free Coldstone! That is some seriously amazing ice cream! I've never tried that combo before...it makes me really, really want some! :)

If big heads mean incredible artistic talent, hilarious wit and an ever positive personality, then Weston is in for a good life :D

And...I loved your dream too! So funny! I wonder what it means??

Liz Johnson said...

Also, Happy Birthday to TigHead.

Brooke said...

It finally happened, I knew it would. Your one year old weighs more than my almost two year old!

Lisa said...

Hey--we're Big Heads too!!! Like seriously, ginormous heads. Jonathan had to go to the Children's Hospital to make sure something wasn't wrong.

Oh my gosh, I laughed so hard that I cried and my stomach hurts. I'm gonna forward those videos like it's hot. Forward it like it's hot, forward it like it's hot.

(Sorry, Office quote)