Friday, March 13, 2009

Why Weston Is A Doggy

It has recently come to my attention that my baby (seemingly human in appearance) is actually a doggy. Here's why:

(1) He begs for food. Oftentimes for breakfast, I'll pour myself some cereal and sit out in the living room by Weston's toys to eat it. Weston always stands by my legs, puts his hands on my knees, and stares at me expectantly. If I give him a little nibble of cereal, then he's distracted momentarily, but as soon as it's gone, he's back in my face again with that precious, expectant look. And it doesn't matter what I'm eating -- he's equally delighted with Cocoa Pebbles and bran flakes. He even enjoys the spoonfuls of milk when the cereal is all gone. It doesn't matter; what matters is that it's what I'm eating, and that he gets to have a taste of it.

(2) He loves to go out. Whenever we're about the leave the house, I always sit Weston down and put on his sweater and his shoes. That's the giveaway -- as soon as he's back up again, he walks to the door, puts his hands on it, and eagerly waits. He loves going outside, and he knows when it's coming. You can almost see that little tail wagging under his clothing.

(3) He freaks out over other doggies. Weston is absolutely obsessed with (other) doggies. If he sees a dog when he's in the stroller on a walk, then he starts gasping and squeaking and chuckling and reaching out for it. If he's on his feet and sees a dog, then he all-out squeals and tries to run after it. If Weston is lucky enough that the doggy's owner stops and lets him pet it, then his eyes light up and mouth explodes into a grin and he guffaws and laughs and touches it and pokes it and grabs it and... he's just in heaven.

So, yes. Weston is a doggy. I love my little Doggy Weston. :-)

7 comments:

Wendi said...

I've kinda come to the conclusion that most little boys are sort of like puppies. Cameron still is... but he is like a poorly trained puppy.

Liz Johnson said...

I'm glad that you figured this out before he started sniffing other doggy bums. That could raise some eyebrows.

lyndsey said...

#1 makes me laugh. i do that same thing to brandon whenever he is eating cereal. except i stand next to him and wait for him to give me the spoon.

daMawma said...

I don't see a problem here, until he starts to pee on indoor plants.

Dana Carlin said...

I'm glad "humping legs" isn't on that list.
We miss puppy Weston! :(

dana said...

Great assessment. I often feel like I'm talking to mine as a dog too, "here owen, come here! go get the ball...ball!"

Gaskin Girl said...

You just HAVE to come up with a cool, clever nickname for him, just because you can.