Sunday, September 20, 2009

Look Who's Here!!!

In keeping with this summer's theme of reuniting with long-lost friends, we reunited with some more long-lost friends this weekend! YAAAAAY!!! Our beloved Hansons recently moved to the area so that Eric can pursue his DMA in vocal arts at USC (he's a wicked awesome opera singer). So, we got together with them and our favorite Nutters for dinner at the Rainforest Cafe in Downtown Disney.

I cannot even begin to describe the hijinks that we used to get into with these guys when we all lived together at Wymount (oh, the wild days of our married youth!). We used to get together to play games and have potlucks and see movies all the time. We were crazy and awesome and... well, mostly crazy. It was fantastic. (Bernards, we missed you guys!!)

So on Friday night, after screeching and hugging and causing a little bit of an uproar in the Lego Store, we all moved to the fountain area so the kids could play for a little while. I had to snap a picture of this girly cuteness (Heidi, Malia, Autumn, & Esther):
The Hansons have four girls, and the Nutters have two girls, so of the seven children, Weston was the only boy. He didn't exactly know how to hang out with the older girls, so he awkwardly meandered around for a little while (haha): But then, encouraged by Daddy, he eventually joined the girls in their fountain fun:
Isn't Autumn so pretty? I can't believe she's almost 8 years old!! She was just a toddler when we first met her:
I had to include this picture of Abby and Tiffany, gabbing next to the strollers. It kind of captures two of the highlights of life at this age: motherhood and girlfriends (don't you think?):
Then it was time for a slew of cutie patootie family pictures. First the Nutters:
Then the Hansons:
And finally the Andersons:
Then we tried to take a "girls picture," and because we are so cute, we struck an appropriately cute pose:
Unfortunately we lost our balance and completely tumbled to the ground (while Tiffany panicked and freaked out because she was certain she was going to fall into the fountain):
We laughed about it for a pretty long time:
(See?):
We eventually decided to go for one more picture (one that involved standing on both feet):
The menfolk decided to play it cool in their picture:
And then we were off to the restaurant! We scored a sweet table, which was right next to a big aquarium. While we were waiting for our food, Tiffany (being slightly demented, but in a good way) decided to introduce Cecily to lemons. Cecily was totally game:
And then the effects hit:


Hahahahaha!!! I like the picture below, too, because she's like, "Okay, WHAT just HAPPENED??"
By the end of the evening, the fountain ended up prevailing in some mystic way because I ended up getting soaked after all. (I kind of forgot how easily little infants sitting on my lap can grab a full glass of water and tip it over):
But YAAAAY!!! We had so much fun. It was great to see everyone again. Until next time, Nutsons!!!

11 comments:

Headle said...

FUN!!!! FUN!!!! FUN!!!! You are all SO AWESOME!! It looks like you had all had a blast together! I love it!! :D

James Cramer said...

Hey Jean, I can't believe your frined gave a lemon to that little kid, shame shame. Well I guess every kid's got to taste one somehow. I love how you capture the moods so well with your pictures, it's like we're right there with you. And good for Weston for hanging out with the big girls. See you later.

Abby said...

YAY!!! I'm so glad to see all the pictures. We had a blast. Can't wait to do it again. After you left we all said we need to do guys/girls nights and rotate houses. Guys night one month, girls' night the next.

I love the picture you caught of Autumn! Holy cow she looks big. I'm with her everyday (imagine that) and yet I'm still shocked when I see pictures like that. How did she get to be so big?

And CCLemon's "lemon faces" are PRICELESS!!

Eric Hanson said...

I think Dave & Tim look a lot tougher than me....they're the boss. Yes, singular. Woohoo!! Tons of fun, let's go again...right now. (hehe, my comment "verification word" is "gronont". i don't know why but i think that's funny)

Abby said...

How about this?

"gronont" -- slang/southern for "going on to" as in "I'm gronont to the store now. Yuhanto (that's pronounced yuh-aunt-too as in "you want to") come?

Lesley said...

I love that gabbing/stroller picture you captured. It belongs in a parenting magazine with the caption "Finding your motherhood soul-mate"

Liz Johnson said...

I love it!!! I also love that picture of Abby and Tiffany talking. That's fantastic. And Jean, try not to wet your pants when you're in public next time. :)

Lisa said...

How fun!! I'm so glad you guys were able to get together! I loved the pictures :)

Wendi said...

So much fun! I love the lemon pictures! And I'm glad you all didn't fall into the fountain... though that would have made an entertaining pic. :)

Sarah said...

So fun! What great people you all are! Ah, Wymount. You all look fantastic!

daMawma said...

Jean, put me in touch with Eric Hanson. Back in the 1950s I went to school with Sandra "Sandy" Hanson, the oldest daughter in a Mormon family. They lived in Enon, Ohio, and I think her dad worked at Wright-Patterson AFB. Sandy had a talent in art. By 1960 they had moved away. Any relation to Eric?