Monday, October 5, 2009

The General Conference Tradition: Official Announcement

Remember how I was looking for a General Conference tradition for our family? Well, I think I've found it: accepting and DEVOURING the soft, sweet, gooey cinnamon rolls made by a couple of friends of ours!

Seriously, Sherri and Josh are awesome (although heads-up, they are private bloggers!). They have been graciously delivering homemade cinnamon rolls to us for the past couple General Conferences, simply because they are very thoughtful and very generous people.

(Interesting side note #1: Sherri was one of the nurses who took care of me after I had Weston! Yay! And side note #2: Sherri also serves in the nursery at church, so Weston, who met her when he was a day old, also gets to hang out with her every Sunday. Extra yay!!)

So, we love it. And we love them. S&J, we can't thank you enough! (But we can try!) THANK YOOOOUUUUU!!!!!

(If baking cinnamon rolls is their family's General Conference tradition, then eating them can certainly be ours... right?) :-) Hooray!

9 comments:

The Hunt House said...

YUM. I was really bummed to miss this tradition. Yes, I am with you. My tradition is eating them too. Sherri is a great cook. Hooray for sweets.

Headle said...

Those look delish!! Anyone who makes those for the Andersons totally rocks in my book!!! THANKS SHERRI!!!

Lalee Photography said...

OOoooh, that looks scrumptious!! I love people who bake. I think that's so awesome!

dana said...

oh man. YUMMMMMMMMMM.
look at what I'm missing out on! (Um, assuming they were going to bring some to us too :) haah!)

daMawma said...

I must say you have amazing friends!

La La Land said...

S and J are so great; they brought me delicious baked goods while I was in the hospital. I made cinnamon rolls this weekend, too. Mmmmmm... great General Conference tradition!

sachia said...

Holy Amazing, I need to make these right now!!!

Lisa said...

That is so awesome! They are #1 serving, #2 baking something that takes a while to make (while listening to Conference, no doubt), and #3 being awesome. That's cool of them. Can they ship some to us? Those look de-LISH!

B Brown said...

Too funny. We got them last conference. Mike was asking where they were this time, looks like I'm stuck making them.