Monday, December 7, 2009

Guess What.... More Cafe Rio News!!!

This is what was on the Cafe Rio website just moments ago:

THAT'S RIGHT! It's opening on DECEMBER 14th!!! (At least according to my math - six days and ten hours from now is Monday the 14th, right?)

Anyway, YAAAAAAAAY!!!!!! I can't wait! The best part about this is that (even though it's technically a couple days after my birthday), I'll be able to go for my birthday, AND Tim will be completely done with school. FOREVER. Yep, he's graduating this Saturday -- this Saturday, you guys!! -- which also happens to be my birthday, but don't think that I'm bitter that I'm being completely overshadowed by his graduation, even though I only turn 29 once, whereas this is his SECOND college commencement. Because I'm not. I'm not bitter at all. :-) So, that means that Tim can come, too! Huzzah! So, here's hoping that the line isn't too long for me to get my Cafe Rio chicken salad with black beans and tomatillo dressing... because I only have one chance before I leave for PA! (Weston and I will be leaving the next day!! AHH!)

Anyway, hopefully I'll see lots of you Southern California people there, too. Woot WOOT! And Heather, thank you again SO MUCH for treating me to a birthday meal at Cafe Rio! I love you!!! Seriously, I love that girl.

P.S. And if anyone has any advice on sitting through a two-hour graduation ceremony with an extremely energetic, rambunctious, highly-tantrum-prone toddler, please share. :-) I seem to have a feeling that the "solution" will be that Tim sits through the two-hour graduation ceremony, while Jean follows Weston around the campus grounds with a diaper bag slung over her shoulder, full of the toys and snacks that were optimistically and naively intended to keep said child in his seat.

15 comments:

Lisa said...

Yay for graduation and Cafe Rio!!! YUM!

John graduates around my birthday, too. I told him it's my birthday present.

... although he'll still have to get me a real one :)

Lisa said...

P.S. Good luck with graduation. One thing that helped us on the plane is that I got those Gerber Star things that dissolve all fast--I haven't gotten them for him since he was a baby but he still loves them and tries to steal them from babies--he spent a good half hour launching those babies into his mouth. So, that's an idea, or another snack that he'll go crazy for :)

Nat said...

Best news ever!! It seems like just yesterday we were fantasizing about how awesome it would be if Cafe Rio opened in CA...
And a early happy birthday to you! I seriously can't believe Tim's graduation is stealing your thunder. You should probably just not go.:)

lyndsey said...

dang. now i can't feel okay w/ living in utah because the only thing it had going for it was the rio. now CA has one and utah officially sucks again.

dietcokegrrl said...

Congrats to Tim and Happy (early) Birthday to you! I think Cafe Rio is a fabulous to go to celebrate Tim's graduation.

And good luck with entertaining Weston for 2 HOURS. Yikes. That won't be easy...good luck for sure!

Liz Johnson said...

My best recommendation on graduation: find a babysitter. I did that. It's awful.

Please kiss your Rio for me when you get it. I LOVE THAT STUFF.

Rena said...

Are you going on the 14th? If so, let us know and we'll meet you there!

Emily said...

I want to come! I wonder if the line will be long? hmmm . . .maybe it will just be former Provo residents? Congrats Tim on graduating. What are your plans now? Happy Birthday this week!

sachia said...

Poor Lyndsey....she kills me sometimes. I am literally busting up with how much she hates the big UT. Ok so back to you...let's go soon!! Maybe I can stand in line for some peeps. Let's chat soon. Yayyyyyy!!

P.s. I love that your son says my name so well!!! My fav.

danyelly said...

Get a sitter is great advise! What time on Saturday and we might could help you out. Otherwise (and if he were a little older) I would recommend a video ipod or iphone with youtube or other "educational" programming and headphones.

Good luck. Congrats to Tim. Enjoy Cafe Rio.

Abbie said...

That is too exciting! We have a Costco in Manhattan. How long before we get a Cafe Rio?

daMawma said...

Liz is right. Even happy babies cannot sit and be quiet for two hours. Get a sitter. Then Weston will be happy, and you will be relaxed for the ceremony. Kiss Timmy-Boy for me! Two diplomas!! Does that mean he will get double salary at his job?????

B Brown said...

Congrats Tim & Congrats Jean on the Cafe Rio opening! What a perfect b-day present for you.

p.s. you need a cell phone or mini playstation thingy to play Weston videos. The only way we survive on plane trips is with our portable DVD player which has now burnt out)

James Cramer said...

Hey Jean, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Mary said...

Congratulations, Tim!!!! Way to go!!! And Cafe Rio?!?!?! I had no idea!!! Eddie is going to freak! Where is Lake Forest though? :( And Happy Belated Birthday :)