Thursday, July 8, 2010

Make Note

A WORD TO THE WISE:

When people (or sheets of paper) ask you if there's something for which they can pray, say "YES." Do it. And then think of something. Anything. Just take advantage of the opportunity to get a prayer out there.

Why? Because in retrospect, instead of leaving my "prayer" line blank, I could've written something like: "That I don't need a root canal." Because, as luck would have it, I found out at my dentist appointment that I DO need a root canal. Missed opportunity, right there. :-)

(And, perhaps related, I also recently had the pleasure of learning that our dental insurance, which I was so excited about, actually sucks. It's more of the persuasion of, "We'll cover you as long as everything is fine, but if there's ever an actual problem, heh heh... you're on your own, kid." And do you know how expensive a root canal + crown is? YIKES. There goes the imaginary Caribbean cruise that, theoretically, we COULD have taken instead of getting a root canal.)

Anyway, one last note: Weston's Woody jammies = DISNEY STORE!!! They were 2 for $20 when I went (and hopefully that's nationwide), so we also scored some new Buzz Lightyear jams, too. Check it out!

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Awwww, how sad! I'm so sorry! If anyone ever offers to pray for me, I think I'll pray for a lack of a root canal. Because really, when do you want one???

And we are seriously going to the Disney Store tomorrow. I can't get over those pajamas!

Abby said...

Oh Jean!! I am so, so, sorry!! Is this your first root canal? I wish I could say they're no big deal...but they suck. They just do. I ended up having to have two on the SAME tooth! And yeah...EXPENSIVE. Well, you didn't fill in the prayer line, but I'll say some extra prayers for you!

We miss you guys!!

Headle said...

Oh a root canal and crown...I'm SORRY!!! :( Good dental plans are so rare these days.

Thanks for the tip about the pjs! They are so cute! We're also going to the Disney Store tomorrow (gotta score some TS3 goodies for Forrest's birthday!) The timing couldn't be better!

I just love your blog, Jean! Keep the updates coming!

Lalee Photography said...

Oh Jean! Not a root canal!! :( Well I will say a prayer for you for sure. When are you getting it done? Poor you. :(

On the bright side it will be an interesting blog post, right? :/

Kendra said...

Boo! That's awful. I had to get just a crown once and that was pricey enough! Not to mention not exactly pleasant. I'll be sending prayers your way that it isn't too traumatic. :)

Kira said...

Just did some catching up with the blog. So sorry about the root canal, they are no fun. I've even had to go as far as having one re-done, crown and all.
Weston's jammies are adorable! I might have to get a twinner pair for Dawson. Love them!
I should have warned you to not have high expectations with the children's museum here. At least the sign on the outside of the building is not a ghetto paper banner like it once was. But you're right the kids do love it there.
And lastly, that medical form is hilarious! Thanks for the laugh!