Saturday, July 17, 2010

My Bucket List

Something that I can now check off my Bucket List:

#121: Be literally strapped down in a cement-walled isolation room of a psychiatric hospital.

(Okay, okay, it was for training purposes, but still. Eight other people strapped me down with a net, and no matter how hard I struggled, the only thing that I could do was lift my head up from the bed a little, and wiggle my hands and feet. I kind of felt like I was in a Lifetime original movie or something.)

12 comments:

Liz Johnson said...

Uh huh. Sure it was for training. Sure it was.

It's ok, Jean. It'll be alright. Just take your meds and you'll be out in a few days.

Lesley said...

That must have been such a surreal experience. Lifetime Original Movie is RIGHT!

Tiff said...

You need to revise your bucket list...

daMawma said...

Sounds like being held down by a giant fly swatter. (incidentally, the word verification for this comment was "apsych"!)

Lalee Photography said...

Oooh, I don't know if that sounds like fun. hehe ;) Maybe time to revisit the bucket list?

Brooke said...

Awesome! You are going to have so many fun stories from this job. I had a professor that worked in a lock down mental facility and he always had the best stories!

James Cramer said...

Wow, that is awesome, or actually that kind of sucks. Well at least you got through it kiddo!

faith said...

Wow. Sounds fun!

B Brown said...

My worst nightmare.

Abbie said...

Dang it! I thought I was going to check that one before you.

Headle said...

How's your job going? I have no doubt that you are the happiest one there! I'm sure there are some really sad stories that you see in your job, but no matter where you are, you always bring so much genuine joy. Your co-workers are so lucky to have you there!!

Liz Johnson said...

Jean, have you spent time in China? You seem to have lots of friends from there. :)