Friday, May 13, 2011

Due Date Jingle

I came up with a little jingle to celebrate my due date today. Let's try this to the tune of "I'm a Little Teapot":

I'm a pregnant mama
Huge and stout
Here is my due date
Here is my pout
Soon I'll get all owie
Hear me shout
Please tip me over
And pull him out!!

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha........

(And have I mentioned -- no, I have not! -- that I am "1.5-2 cm" dilated and 60% effaced? Hooray for SOME progress!)

And in other news: LIZ (yes, of Book of Armaments fame!) is in UTAH!!! YAAAAAAAAAAY!!! We've already hung out three times (she's being very accommodating of my need for socializing before the newborn-recluse stage begins for me), and I can't get enough of her. Sorry, I don't have any pictures of us together yet, but just imagine Liz and Jean studying literature and solving crimes and baking the perfect souffle and completing construction projects and flying airplanes and eliminating smallpox and other fun activities like that. That's pretty much how it's gone so far. :-)

5 comments:

Liz Johnson said...

It's true. Next up: putting on a production of Les Miserables. We are so freaking amazing and productive and definitely have not spent any time watching funny videos on the internet while eating brownies together.

Also, I can attest that Jean looks AMAZING in person and doesn't waddle and can gracefully get from sitting to standing. She is a gorgeous freak of nature.

Jean, let's hang out again soon. We still have only hit Cafe Rio once.

Deidra said...

Love the song! Good luck! (And I just saw your ticker, so I'm curious, is the infant car seat ready to roll?)

Abbie said...

I love this song so much! Happy (belated)due date. I hope you're having contractions right now. But if not, I hope you and Liz are having a sleepover and eating Cafe Rio and sheet cake. I love you ladies!

Sending contraction vibes your way!

Wendi said...

Love the song! Jealous of Cafe Rio and hanging out with Liz and you!

daMawma said...

Feathering your nest is now complete with the arrival of Gangy, plus having Liz nearby. You are free to nap as often as you like. LUVewe.