Monday, May 9, 2011

More Blogitos

I'm still nesting with my blog. We're 39 weeks over here, and whatever "tightness" or "pressure" that I thought I was feeling in my abdomen has pretty much stopped. Ha! Megamind changed his mind -- he wants to stay a little longer. So, in the meantime, I'll keep doing my little blogitos, lest he change his mind again very suddenly. :-)

Blog #1: FRIENDS!

Have I mentioned how much I LOVE getting together with distant friends?? LOOOOVE IT!!! AAAAHHHH!!! Last week I got to hang out with a few girls from the ol' Wymount days, and it was FABULOUS! You always wonder if it's going to be awkward to see people in person who you've only been able to blog-stalk for the past several years, but... no! Not at all! Considering how natural it was to visit with them, we could've all just had church together last week in the 148th ward. Haha! I love these girls. (Let's get together again SOOOOOON!!!)

Kendra and Bridget:
Carly and the twinsies:
I didn't get pictures of all seven kiddos, but here's Kendra's little man, Owen, who indulged me very kindly by letting me hold him and sit him on the grass next to me for a pretty long time. (And no, he's not really scowling; it was just a really sunny day, haha!):
One of Carly's adorable little ladies, Kate (who does not actually have a dot on her forehead... that's just my camera being annoying!):
And here are Weston and Paige rocking the twisty slide:
**********

Blog #2: Provo!

On Saturday the weather was spectacular, so we drove down to Provo to check out the Bean Museum and Bridal Veil Falls. Here's Weston at the museum with his billy club (okay, actually it's just a little baseball bat that he's currently in love with... but doesn't it look like he's going to beat someone?):

Weston and the mama:
The wall o' animals:
"Hello, my name is Tim, and I like to do drawrings!!"
Here's lookin' at you, hippo:
Then we drove down to the falls, which were SO beautiful:
We sat at the edge of the walkway:
...and dipped our toesies into the freeeeezing-snow-melt water:
The Provo River was gushing from all the snow melt. (Don't you agree that there are few things better than a big, gushing river on a warm spring day??)

**********



I've been dying to try this bake shop ever since I first read about it on the Nie Nie Dialogues. Fortunately, they were giving away free cakebites to moms on the Saturday before Mother's Day, so I had a perfect excuse to head over there. YUUUUM!

We marveled at the tasty, tasty selection:

...and drooled quite a bit on the glass:
Weston was very pleased with his chocolate cupcake:
...and I was delighted with my frosted sugar cookie (cameo by Tim):
Tim snapped a picture of me:
...and then made fun of the way that I ALWAYS pose for the camera:
My response? Well, sir, then I give you THIS:
**********

Blog #4: My Project

You guys. I am thrilled to announce that I have (dot dot dot) A Project. Yes, an actual project!! Usually I am quite hobby-less, and I'm always (ALWAYS) trying to think of things that I can do to give my life a little more purpose. After all, I have some really talented, purpose-driven friends. Kristen makes quilts. Tiffany sings. Lauri photographs. Dana and Dana design things. Allison bakes. Abby teaches. And the list goes on and on! Actually, I'm pretty sure that I'm the only one I know who doesn't really have a "Thing." But, now I do. I have a Thing. And it is...

GARDENING!

Yeah, I know, big deal. Millions of people have gardens. But I've never attempted it before (besides successfully killing scores of houseplants), and I am so excited!! Last week I tilled and planted a whole bunch of seeds, and given that the germination requires 7-10 days, I guess we'll know if this will actually be a "garden" (or just a big dirt rectangle) by next week.

The only potential hang-up with my little Project is that... well... I don't actually know ANYTHING about gardening. I wish my grandma were still alive, because every year she successfully planted a small crop of tomatoes just along the side of her house... and they tasted amazing. I haven't read any books on gardening, and I'm hoping that Mother Nature will simply guide me and help me know what to do. (Nature, or the backs of the seed packets. They tell you how deep to plant the seeds and what not. Haha!) Anyway, there's probably a 90% chance that this will turn out to be a dismal failure. But until then, I am guardedly optimistic, and I head out back every evening with a watering can and a look on my face that says, "Hey, I did something! Yay me."

9 comments:

daMawma said...

That's interesting, because your brother is sprouting tomato plants from seeds in the windowsills. He will transplant them in the backyard soon. We are dreaming of free, fresh tomatoes! After living here for 30-some years, it's the first attempt at vegetable gardening.

Lalee Photography said...

I LOVE that you're gardening! I've always wanted to try to garden, it seems so relaxing and rewarding. Which reminds me, I have to go water my house plants. Haha!

You're almost there Jean! The little man will make his debut before you know it! I'm so excited to hear exciting news. :) And btw, how do you look so amazing 9 months pregnant?! I was so puffy I looked like the Michelin Man. You look beautiful!!

Liz Johnson said...

You look SO FABULOUS, and I bet your garden will be AMAZING! I'm so jealous!!

See you SOON!!!!!!!

Deidra said...

You are such a cute little momma. I love the belly.

Good luck with the garden. From someone who has gardened for several years, just expect things to go wrong. (This is supposed to sound encouraging, but I'm not sure it is!) Just count whatever works as your success. Next year you'll know a little more than you knew this year!

Tiff said...

A) You look amazing for 39 weeks. Um, you look amazing for 29 weeks.

B) You already have a "thing." You're thing is handling life gracefully with beauty and a willingness to laugh at anything and inspiring me to want to do the same. That, and putting up with Tim. I suppose the two are interchangeable.

Tim Anderson said...

Hey, Tiffany, I resent that com-- well, wait... no, you've got a point. :)

(My word verification is "fecing"... resisting urge to make poop joke... resisting...)

The Hunt House said...

I LOVE the cupcake face. I'm glad I'm not the only one that makes disgusting faces on camera. Looks like you are making the most of your last weeks with 1 child! Did you know I'm good friends with the owner of the sweet tooth fairy? She's amazing and um...yum. Such a yummy place. Best of luck with the delivery!

Headle said...

The Wymount reunion sounds like so much fun--that ward will go down in history as the best ward ever!

I loved Tiff's comment (always do!) and couldn't agree more. I definitely think your "thing" is happiness. You have such a gift and talent for looking for the best in life!

I can't wait to hear about your garden! That's soo cool!!!

Lisa said...

Oh man, I just love your blog posts. Your pictures are always awesome, especially when they have random Tim cameos, hahaha! And I agree--you'd think that seeing friends after a long time would be awkward, but it SO hasn't been for me. You and me just chatted away! It was awesome :) Want to come back??