Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Jean's Random Thoughts... In No Particular Order

1. My fabulous, fantastic, phenomenal mother-in-law, Anne Marie, is here!!! We're having a blast with her (and oh, is Weston LOVING all the attention and play time). I adore her. And I adore my mother, who sent her blessing with Anne Marie because she couldn't come herself. I am very, very lucky in the Mothers Department.

2. Anne Marie was laughing at me yesterday because I didn't have my hospital bag packed yet, even though I'm four days overdue. Hahaha! That was my project tonight, and aside from the last-minute stuff, I am proud to announce that my hospital bag is now packed. :-) (Geez, I used to be such a hyper-organized, over-prepared perfectionist freak. At some point -- probably when that first baby came along -- I think I realized I needed to mellow out or die.)

3. Um, I'd really like to know when this baby is going to come. I asked Weston this morning if the baby was coming today, and he said, "Not yet." Then I asked, "What about tomorrow?", and he replied, "Yes." So, we'll see how intuitive he is about the womb where he once resided.


4. Because I'm a tad overdue now, I have a non-stress test tomorrow (Wednesday) morning, followed by a regular doctor's appointment. I seem to be having irregular, contraction-y feelings, so my doctor is guessing that Megamind will come sometime this week... could it be tomorrow? Could it?? Could it?? COULD IT???? (If you haven't noticed, my thoughts lately have been slightly preoccupied with going into labor.) Am I anxious? A little. Am I freaking out? Maybe. Am I going nuts from this interminable waiting game? Most likely.

5. A few of you have noticed that the floating baby ticker on the right is now counting UP, instead of counting down. Yeah, it's kind of wonky. My recommendation? It has different displays, so click on it until it says "40 weeks 4 days so far." That's a bit more accurate.

6. I can't stop thinking about how Weston's little world is about to be completely turned upside-down, and how he has no idea. I'm really hoping that this whole thing isn't too jarring for him.

7. I had some crazy labor dreams last night. First, when I arrived at the hospital, a bunch of my friends were nurses there (Lisa, Liz, Lauri...). That was awesome. Unfortunately, the labor and delivery unit was completely PACKED -- there were women all over the place, sitting on beds and couches and floors. At one point my friend-nurses disappeared and were replaced by very mean, stressed-out nurses. After a lot of prying, I managed to find out from one of them that there was at least a six-hour wait until women could be seen in triage. So, I made an announcement to all the laboring women that we're all going to have to wait at least six hours just to be assessed. That caused an uproar, and a bunch of the husbands and wives left for other hospitals. Those of us who remained (who didn't have anywhere else to go) had to sign up on a list for a spot in labor & delivery, and my spot was 2 days later. SOMEHOW, I managed to NOT give birth during those 2 days, and when I returned, I finally met with my OB, who told me that I was definitely in labor and that I should go ahead and select a "delivery doctor." I said, "Wait... so you're not going to deliver the baby??" and he replied, "Well, I can do it, but you need to call my assistant to get it approved." So, I called his assistant (his wife), who said that my OB would only deliver the baby if I could provide his birth date. Obviously I had no idea, so I had to hang up and then start the process of finding a "delivery doctor" (all the while being in active labor). Hahahahaha!!!! I eventually woke up, so I don't know what happened in the end, but it was pretty wild.

8. In non-baby news, my mom pointed out that this blog's Site Meter is currently just under 29,900 visitors. So, if (in the next week or two) YOU are the lucky person who gets to be #30,000, then you win my baby. GUARANTEED.* (*Guarantee is not a guarantee.)

10 comments:

Emily said...

Good luck with everything Jean! Can't wait to see this little guy!

daMawma said...

Anne Marie is no less than an 'angel with skin on' and her empathy and sensitivity are off the charts. You are in good hands! Now, go nap some more.

Liz Johnson said...

Happy Birthday Megamind? Yes?

You are amazing, Jean. You have such good attitude. And I'm thinking today's the day.

Kira said...

Crossing my fingers for today! Hang in there Jean!

Lisa said...

Come on, Megamind!!!! I vow to be #30,000 to claim you! (Unfortunately, right now I'm only #29,868). Don't worry about Weston--it'll be an adjustment, but he'll thrive. He'll be such a great big brother. I wish I could will that baby OUT for you! It is so awful at the end, and to go past your due date... well, that never happened to me, which is probably a good thing because I probably would've started clawing at my belly, trying to get it to open with my bare hands.

COME ON, MEGAMIND!!!

Tim Anderson said...

You are an incredible Mom, Jean. I knew it already, but love seeing it first hand. Weston and Megamind are so lucky and I am a lucky Gangy!

Tim Anderson said...

That last comment was not Tim - it's just Gangy using Tim's computer! Mine is back in Pennsylvania!

Deidra said...

I hope my late commenting means Megamind has already made his appearance. If not, good luck! Can't wait to see pictures of the little guy and your expanded family!

La La Land said...

Wow, that's an easy way to win a baby! Here's hoping I win!!!

daMawma said...

I'm visitor #29,928.