Tuesday, June 19, 2007

I Love Lansdale

Yup, I love Lansdale! While Tim worked and worked and worked away at his various homework assignments last week, I traveled to Vermont for work, and had the opportunity to slide on down to PA for a quick visit to the fam. Lemme tell ya, I have always loved my hometown of Lansdale, but I especially love it now that we're living in Southern California. In Lansdale, there is grass (big, real lawns of grass!), and there are trees (trees, trees, everywhere!), and there is lots of space (none of this three-foot setback between houses business). Plus, police and ambulance sirens are actually kind of rare. So, I enjoyed a wonderful, relaxing 2.5 days at home. I visited a car show with my family-in-law and participated in a s'mores and homework-burning bonfire at their house; I played with my parents' cute and cuddly cats a whole bunch; and I gave my mom a haircut (I wouldn't call it professional, which it certainly was NOT, but hey, it's shorter now, Mom).

I also engaged in the ritual purchasing-of-PA-things that occurs every time Tim or I go home. These items include: (1) Asher's chocolates (especially chocolate-covered pretzels and raspberry jellies), (2) Philly soft pretzels (they HAVE to be PHILLY pretzels), (3) Tastykakes (preferably from Wawa), and (4) apple butter (best if included with a trip to Merrymead). Unfortunately, I didn't have time to do the following: (1) eat at Friendly's, (2) eat at Shady Maple in Lancaster County, (3) get Rita's water ice, or (4) buy Amoroso's sandwich rolls. However, I did get a delicious hoagie at the Sandwich Mill, and I also enjoyed some moist and crumbly shoofly pie.

P.S. Dana is so, so cute. Countdown to Killian and Auntie-dom: approximately 6 weeks!!

2 comments:

Headle said...

Jean & Tim,
Your blog is ADORABLE!! Oh my word?! I love seeing pictures of you guys and hearing these fun stories.
I'm sorry its taken me sooo long to write. Its been crazy around here with vacations and such. Anyway, we miss you guys sooo much too! I'm glad to hear that Tim is enjoying school and Jean gets some party time with the fam. You two are some of the greatest people on this earth!! Let us know next time you come through Utah..PLEASE!!
Love,
Heather, Dan and da boyz

dana said...

You've eaten at Friendlys?? We saw those all over back east and I laughed every time I saw one. What a silly name! I'll take your word though that the food is good.
I'm glad you had fun at home with the trees and grass, sans the sirens. I hear you on that.
Welcome back to California!