Friday, May 16, 2008

Huh-guhhh!

Huh-guhhh, everyone! That greeting, by the way, comes from Weston. "Huh-guhhh" is his favorite thing to say right now, and apparently it means something along the lines of "It's very good to see you!" (or so I've gathered). Sometimes he mixes it up by shortening it to "huhhh" or "guhhh," and other times he'll give me completely different greetings such as "oooooh," "ahhhh," or even "muhhh." (I have yet to translate these variations.)

Even so, it's so fun to have a talking baby!! Always, during his first diaper change of the morning, he'll be all smiles, gurgling and talking and wiggling around. It's adorable!! That's always a nice way to start one's day. (Of course, my day is also still starting off with my alarm clock going off -- in other words, Weston crying very loudly for some breakfast nosh. But... I suppose I've gotten used to that, and the post-eating gurgles and smiles absolutely make up for it. I must say, God designed babies very well.)

Yesterday Rebecca had a bunch of girls over to her house for a mid-day playgroup. "Playgroup" is used loosely here, because although a few kids were running around, playing with the doggies, or swinging from the tree, most of the little ones kind of chilled while their mommies enjoyed some much-needed social time. :-) So fun! Thanks for having us over, Becca!

Here's Natalie, Danielle, and Rebecca, with their respective cutie-pies:
Is this not freaking adorable -- a little curly-haired child with a wee red wagon?? (He belongs to Brittany in the background, by the way):
Dana (with Lucy), Jen, and Niki:
And this was Weston for most of the time (there was a small bit of crying towards the end, marking our departure):

5 comments:

Headle said...

Cute playgroup, Jean :)

I love those little baby sounds! They get so animated and happy, they just can't keep all the joy in! :D

Tiff said...

So... I just have to say, I am somewhat resenting your "playgroup" due to the very "put-together-edness" and overall attractiveness of the women in those pictures. Tell them to stop making lazy moms like me what with my ponytail-and-lucky-to-even-have-mascara-on, look bad!

Lalee Photography said...

I love babies galore!!! That Weston is too cute for words Jean, I just want to squeeze him! (Gently, of course).

And I agree with Tiff, a very put together, cute looking playgroup there! :-)

daMawma said...

How I envy your sunny California weather. Here in Pennsylvania it is rainy and down to 46 degrees. Congrats on forming a play group. New moms need it as much (or more) than the kiddies do. Anyone come up with a dads play group yet? It would do them good (and mommy can rest for an hour).

Lisa said...

Man, I really need to make one of those. There are a bunch of new babies in the ward, and we all talk at church, just not outside church. Hmmm...

LOVE the new words. Huh-guh to you!!