Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Whips and Fedoras All Around!

So, here's a follow-up to my previous Indy-centric post of a couple of weeks ago. Upon reading the entry, my parents did some investigating and indeed found some pictures of me all Indied up. My Dad scanned them in for me and sent them along, and after a little bit of Photoshopping (only for restoration purposes-- they were pretty faded) I've decided to share.

This first one is my second cousin (I think...), Bobby. He and I shared the obsession, but each of us had his own gear.


This is me receiving the Indiana Jones Trilogy on VHS for my 9th birthday. I've since upgraded to DVD, but I've still got that VHS set (partly for nostalgic reasons, partly because its obsolescence has prevented its resale).

8 comments:

Jean said...

AWWWW, LITTLE INDY-TIMMY!!! I love you.

Lalee Photography said...

Oh my gosh! OK, so I'm reading this, and I'm so used to Jean doing the posts that I'm soooo confused as to why these pictures of Jean as a child look like a young boy. And I totally was not recalling that short haircut at age 9. HAHAHA. Then I saw Jean's comment and it all came together. PHEW! :-)

The Hyer Family said...

I echo the last comment!!! i was thinking...Jean looked like a boy!!! But then I saw that you had commented first and it all came together! HA!

Tiff said...

AWE-some.

I'll have you know that I watched Raiders of the Lost Ark for the FIRST time in my LIFE last night...

Tonight is the Temple of Doom and tomorrow will be Crusade.

Aren't you excited for me? Although... I was a little surprised throughout the movie that it was only rated PG... especially once people's faces started melting off....

Tim Anderson said...

PG-13 actually had not been invented when Raiders of the Lost Ark was released. It wasn't until Temple of Doom that the MPAA considered inventing a rating between PG and R, partly because of scenes in that movie. Hope you enjoy it, Tiffany, and congratulations!

Oh, and to everyone else, I change my typeface and color, so you can tell when I'm writing a post. BTW, this is Tim.

daMawma said...

Tim, those are the first snapshots I've seen of you as a youngster. I will have to visit your folks and become a "Raider of the Lost Photo Albums".

B Brown said...

I had to read through it 2x and was thinking it was hilarious that Jean played Indiana Jones as a kid. Then noticed that it was posted by Tim..duh. Mike is pretty excited for this as well, though not as much as he was for Transformers.

Headle said...

Those pictures are classic!! :D