Thursday, April 9, 2009

Movie Quotes Challenge Winner Revealed!!!

Thanks to everyone who participated in my Movie Quotes Challenge!! Woohoo! I am impressed with everyone's effort, especially taking into account the extreme randomness of the movies that I (and Tim) enjoy.

And now... the GRAND PRIZE WINNER is...

CHRIS!!!!!!!

File photo

Great job, Topher! You had 6 correct answers, which puts you in first place. Therefore, you are lucky enough to win the super-special Grand Prize Email Surprise (which is coming to an Inbox near you very soon). Get excited. Get SO EXCITED.

A heartfelt but more blase "Congratulations!" goes out to Eric and Dave, who both had 5 correct answers. Nice! (How funny is it that the three front-runners are all guys, even though probably 2% of this blog's readership is male?? Is it more of a "guy" characteristic to be highly knowledgeable of obscure, pointless movie quotes?? In my life experience, that answer is yes. Interestingly, my love of movie/TV quoting is, in fact, one of the few things that I have in common with many guys. I know I'm not alone in this! There are many girls out there who can hold their own with the hilarious and very engaging exercise of Movie Quoting.)

And I'm going to go ahead and award extra kudos to Chris and Dave for utilizing their creative genius to come up with answers for the quotes that they absolutely did not know. Our favorites were:

Dave: (#6) "It's a Zen thing, like how many babies fit in a Chewbacca."
Chris: (#10) "Baby s*** mouth!"
Dave: (#10) "Baby shut yo' mouth... i'm talking about shaft... then we can diggit mouth!"

Well done, gentlemen. And now, here are the correct answers! See how your guesses stacked up!

#1: (Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring) "It comes in pints?? I'm getting one!"

#2: (Aliens) "They mostly come out at night... mostly."

#3: (A Christmas Story) "It... it was... soap poisoning!"

#4: (The Little Mermaid) "Now the snarfblatt dates back to prehysterical times when humans used to sit around and stare at each other all day. Got very boring."

#5: (Forrest Gump) "But you ain't got no legs, Lieutenant Dan."

#6: (Waiting for Guffman) "It's a Zen thing, like how many babies fit in a tire."

#7: (Napoleon Dynamite) "Do the chickens have large talons?"

#8: (Toy Story) "Don't you get it? You see the hat?! I am Mrs. Nesbitt!"

#9: (UHF) "Today we are going to learn how to make plutonium from common household items."

#10: (When Harry Met Sally...) "Baby fish mouth!!"

#11: (Fern Gully) "I have but one claw, but beware!"

Thanks for playing!

(And a message to the League of Grandparents: Do not fret! New pictures of your adorable, big-headed grandson will be forthcoming shortly.) :-)

3 comments:

Deidra said...

I didn't enter because I only knew one of the answers (talons). How random!

Chris said...

O'Doyle rules!

Master Jeremiah said...

Oh man, I don't think you can fully enjoy that picture of chris "doing it rotisserie style" unless you were actually there that night when Dana tried to do it. I think I should start video taping Dana when she is that tired and put it on youtube. It would be and instant classic.