Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Big Ol' Bunch of Photos

No, I'm not at El Pollo Loco today, getting my free chicken and free swine flu (haha, j/k). Instead, I am being a good daughter and blogging. Over the past several days, my mom has become more and more "antsy" (frantic, desperate, raving-lunatic-mad) for some new photos of her grandson. Thus, behold the new bounty of photos. (Mom, if I were you, I'd ration. I'm much more lackadaisical about blogging these days.)

Here's the Timster at his slick internship fair (a really long time ago, heh heh):
Here's our wee one, all gussied up for Easter Sunday:
It was actually really difficult to get the above picture of him, as you can see:
It was hot last week. Like, sweltering-103-degrees-I-don't-even-want-to-go-outside hot. It was like it was raining or something. Fortunately for me, my pal Sachia lives in a swanky apartment building with a pool, and extra fortunately for me, she's super wonderful and invites all the girls over to swim. So, I donned my bathing suit, and in all my glowing-pasty-white glory, ventured to the sunny swim gathering.

Here are Laura and Charlie:
Rebecca and Max:
And a bunch of other awesome girls (Natalie, Lauren, Jen, Natasha, and Sachia, plus offspring):
(Editor's Note: I will never, EVER take a picture of anyone in her bathing suit without her express permission. Please don't be afraid of me and my camera at pool day. I promise that I got a verbal "okay" from everyone here to post these pics.) :-)

Moving right along... here is Weston's swim get-up (can ya tell that I'm paranoid about the sun?), along with the pink ball that he was obsessed with at the pool:
He was in rare form that day. He kept trying to run into the pool, and when I would grab his arm to stop him, he'd screech and cry and collapse. YAY! (Not):
Weston and Ethan have the same swim shorts! Yeah Target! They're precious:
It was a good time with the girls (except for Mr. Grouchy Grouch-Pants Weston):
On Thursday on my way back from visiting a friend at the hospital, I passed a scene that we Southern Californians see all too often: a film shoot. These are all over the place around here, which to me (a suburban East Coast girl) is very exciting. Most of the time, they're just filming commercials, but it's still cool. At this set for a Nike commercial, I asked the security guard if I could snap a quick photo, and he said yes. Here's a giant green screen:
And on the other side of the parking lot were a bunch of "star trailers" and supply trucks:
Anyway, on Saturday, Tim indulged my love of country fairs by letting us visit a country fair:
It took all of 20 minutes to walk up and down the craft tables, check out the corroded carnival rides, and scan the food stands. Haha! (Why do my ideas for family outings always suck?) Still, Tim let us prolong our visit by getting a frozen yogurt cone and sharing it, while Weston wandered around and made weird faces for the camera:
After the less-than-stellar country fair experience, we headed for a nearby shopping center and, on a whim, pulled into a used bookstore. I really liked the lighting, so I took some pictures of our Literary Little. Unfortunately for me, our camera is the Worst Camera Ever in the Great Expanse of All Time and Space, so they didn't turn out very well. Here's with the flash:
And here's without the flash:
Even when he's blurry, I still think he's cute:

11 comments:

Liz Johnson said...

Dude, you have skinny friends. I'd be ok with being photographed at the pool if I looked that good, too!

Weston is adorable, and I'm sorry that your country fair was lame-o. Perhaps it's time for a trip back to the MotherLand for some real country fairs with funnel cake and shoo-fly pie! Oh, and pick me up on your way.

dana said...

Nice blog catch-up. LOVE that black and white sweater vest Weston's got on.

Lauren said...

Oh, how I love to see "Tim & Jean (1)" in my google reader.. Always good for some fun! I would just like to point out the stink-eye that Ethan is giving you in the big group shot- You've got to look out for that one!
I, also, love Weston's Easter sweater vest. I'm a sucker for those. He'll have to don that one again soon. Thanks for brightening my evening.

sachia said...

Ok, WESTON is so cute in the last photo and I apologize profusely for calling hime that other W name then cursing. I love your lil man, he is always so cheery, I didn't see him misbehave at all....again..last photo needs a frame.

dietcokegrrl said...

I'm with everyone else--love the sweater vest. So cute!

Love the catch up posts--and I agree with Liz...everyone at the pool is so skinny. You won't be seeing my postpartum body there anytime soon, that's for sure!! :)

Sorry the fair was lame...but you have the Stake Fair to look forward to in May. That's always fun--and free!!

daMawma said...

Thank you, Daaah-ling, for the new bounty of photos. Weston's cuteness is a great payoff for my antsy behavior. Tim deserves accolades too for his amazing futuristic drawings. I enlarged his exhibit photo to see more details. Really impressive!

Lisa said...

I love the pics! And yeah, your friends are hot! Of course they don't mind bathing-suit pics :) :)

Jonathan has that same swim shirt, but I paired it with different shorts. Dude, our kids were meant to be friends, if for no other reason than their love for Target. Which job John is probably quitting at this very second...

Headle said...

I absolutely LOVE your captions!!! You are sooo cute and clever! Weston is stylin' in his Easter vest! And Tim is soooo talented!! His art is incredible! Great update :)

Abbie said...

I totally see why your mom needs to see more pictures of this child - he is ADORABLE!! I love that little church outfit! SO SO SO CUTE!

We replaced our camera and it's been fantastic. I highly recommend it. Our new one is not expensive at all but I can get one good one for every 15 that I take.

P.S. You never have permission to take pictures of me in my swimming suit. I can't think of anything more ghastly.

La La Land said...

If that sweater vest turns up missing, blame me.

I love the photos! I miss pool day so much. Thanks for taking me there vicariously!

James Cramer said...

Hey Jean & Tim, that's so cool that you guys see film shoots all the time. I thought that it was really funny how Weston kept trying to jump in the pool too, lol.