Sunday, April 5, 2009

Movie Quotes Challenge!

Now that Tim's gotten into the habit of running challenges on his weekly spot, Tuesday with Tim, I decided to come up with a challenge of my own. A movie quotes challenge! Wheeeeeee!!!

You may recall that many months ago, I listed my top 11 favorite movies after I was tagged by a friend. It's an eclectic mix of movies, to be honest -- a mixture of comedy, fantasy, sci-fi, romance, etc. These movies will be the basis for the movie quotes challenge. Here are the rules:

(1) In the comments section, write in the words that are missing from the 11 movie quotes. Each quote is missing just one word. Easy as pie. (Wait, pie's actually really hard. Let's make that, easy as a box of Oreos in the cupboard.)

(2) Try your very best to NOT look at other people's answers. In other words, come up with your answers BEFORE you click to comment. Honor system!

(3) No cheating by searching online!!!

(4) I will post the correct answers on Thursday the 9th, and congratulate the winner(s). To the winner(s), I will award a very special "Grand Prize" email surprise. It will rock your socks.

When you're all finished with the challenge, you can check back here to see how your score stacks up:

11 correct answers: WOW!!!!!!! You are the epitome of scrumtrillescence. Who are you, and how do you feel about being my bestest friend in the entire universe??
8-10 correct answers: You are truly awesome!!! Please tell me that we live close enough to hang out.
4-7 correct answers: Way to go!! You rock, AND you get me.
1-3 correct answers: Nice try, champ! You made an effort and I applaud you.
0 correct answers: Not into my movies, are ya? That's okay. I still love ya.

So good luck! And now... LET THE CHALLENGE BEGIN!

#1: (Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring) "It comes in _____?? I'm getting one!"

#2: (Aliens) "They mostly come out at night... _____."

#3: (A Christmas Story) "It... it was... _____ poisoning!"

#4: (The Little Mermaid) "Now the _____ dates back to prehysterical times when humans used to sit around and stare at each other all day. Got very boring."

#5: (Forrest Gump) "But you ain't got no _____, Lieutenant Dan."

#6: (Waiting for Guffman) "It's a Zen thing, like how many babies fit in a _____."

#7: (Napoleon Dynamite) "Do the chickens have large _____?"

#8: (Toy Story) "Don't you get it? You see the hat?! I am Mrs. _____!"

#9: (UHF) "Today we are going to learn how to make _____ from common household items."

#10: (When Harry Met Sally...) "Baby _____ mouth!!"

#11: (Fern Gully) "I have but one _____, but beware!"

10 comments:

Chris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chris said...

Okay, first up! Just to let you know, if I don't know the answer, I'll simply make it up, going for the comedic effect. (Btw, it was me who deleted the first comment because after I read what I posted, I realized I got one wrong that I actually know)

1. pints
2. Damn!
3. soap
4. doodlegagger
5. legs
6. tire
7. talons
8. Potato Head
9. plutonium
10. S***
11. fantasy

Alright, I'm outta here...

daMawma said...

Only 2 answers (I'm so embarrassed)
3. soap
5. legs

Wendi said...

1. pints
4. dinglehopper
5. legs
7. talons
8. Argh... I totally can totally see Buzz saying this, but I can't remember the name!!!
9. plutonium

Katie said...

I'm pretty lame...here are the ones I know...

1. pints
3. soap
4. dinglehopper or snarfblatt... i think it's the second one.

That's it... only 3. I thought I would do SO much better.

Eric Hanson said...

K - I swear I didn't look

1. pints
2. ?
3. soap
4. dinglehopper (official spelling?)
5. legs
6. ? (dang it! can't remember)
7. ? (crap again!!)
8. Nesbit
9. plutonium
10. ? grrrr
11. I still think it's funny you love this movie so much

Alright, there ya go

(by the way, it looks like i'm going to USC. see you guys soon!! :))

Lisa said...

I am totally ashamed.

#7 talons
#8 Potato Head? But isn't that two words?

Anyways, I thought I'd do much better. Wah.

megan said...

movie quotes has always been a weakness of mine...seriously, i'm no good at it. don't know a single one of these

Headle said...

#4 Dinglehopper
#5 Legs
#7 Talons

What a clever game!

I should know #1!! Ah, I'm going to have to look that up or it will bother me all day )

I totally stink at remembering movie quotes!!

Dave said...

random answers follow the ones i do not know. i saw others answers but only after i made up my mind.

1. "pints"
2. "poop again!"
3. "blood"
4. "dinglehopper"
5. "legs"
6. "chewbacca"
7. "talons"
8. "Nesbit"
9. "plutonium"
10. "shut yo' mouth...i'm talkin about shaft...then we can diggit"
11. "fern gully"